Heavily Guarded Safes should have more value.

After exhausting a ton of PWR to crush firewalls, enduring 2 Daemon programs, not to mention time invested, I walk away with 180 credits?

It would be so much cooler if we could find an augment or something. I'd even be pleased with more credits. But it's kind of frustrating when a player jumps through all those hoops just to walk away with pennies.

You have to endure stronger security as firewall programs fortify themselves later in the level (alarm + daemons). I'd advise buying stronger Incognita upgrades. Even something like Parasite can eat through ICE easily enough, given enough time. Or you can use Hammer (breaks 5 ICE in exchange 5 PWR) or Damocles (breaks 3 ICE for 1 PWR, with 3 turns cooldown). There are also items helping break through firewalls.

I see what you mean, but you get 180$ from safes in the beginning. Later you get 280$. I will pay closer attention to this and check if it raises even more (I recall something around 380$, but don't quote me on this yet).

I will try to note what kind of safes I rob and write down the amount of money I get. I think this might be where the difference is. Difficulty might affect money from guards (I know I get a lot later on), the number of enemies and such, not money gained from safes.

I am not so certain we should even get more money from safes.

EDIT: Usual safe gives 180$. The other safe gives 380$. If I run into any other safe I will make sure to notify how much it holds.

Archived