[HELP] Where to build my spider farm

Hi, been lurking for a while without an account but I need advice -- I'm building a spider farm and I don't know how far away from my base I should build it. I'm worried that if I build it too far away it won't work properly due to the game not rendering a certain distance away.

Here are some pics of where I am planning to build it:

http://imgur.com/PLD7sqM,sDwNzzF

And whilst I am here, any tips for the size/how many rabbit hutches/one, two spider nests?

Thanks so much, E

I would build it even with your base on the other side of that river, maybe put a small wall up to keep the spiders from going south.

I have 1 spider den with 5 bunny hutches around it. It's overkill until a spider queen hatches. I also built a huge walled in area with a small opening with tooth traps to catch any bunnys that try to get out. I'll post a pic in a little while.

Sorry it took me so long to get these posted.

The first is the outside protection to keep the bunny and spiders in.

The second is just the basic enclosure. Simple. I reinforced the outside near the Spider Den to keep them from busting down the walls. I have to do repairs every other Spider Queen. Nothing too major make 10-15 wall pieces. The wall is probably overdone but I had a ton of rock and time to kill!

post-339093-0-66515700-1408244102_thumb.

post-339093-0-18663000-1408244122_thumb.

A rough estimate on when things "render" or activate is approximately 3 screen lengths away. This is important if playing RoG for Summer smoldering factors. For everything else, just make sure when you want to "update' activity, to be that close to let the game "progress" the area. 

Spencer hit the Hutch thing dead on. One to three is fine unless you're spider Queen hunting later. Then Five and a walled off enclosure and leave, popping nearby occasionally when the den timers upgrade if not close by. 

A rough estimate on when things "render" or activate is approximately 3 screen lengths away. This is important if playing RoG for Summer smoldering factors. For everything else, just make sure when you want to "update' activity, to be that close to let the game "progress" the area. 

Spencer hit the Hutch thing dead on. One to three is fine unless you're spider Queen hunting later. Then Five and a walled off enclosure and leave, popping nearby occasionally when the den timers upgrade if not close by. 

Thanks guys, this was helpful

Archived