Explain this line of code?

local handle = inst.sg.sg.actionhandlers[ACTIONS.PICK]handle.deststate = function(inst) return "doshortaction" end

I stumbled upon this line of code searching through old forum posts. It changes the animation of picking grass/twigs to the shorter animation of picking up an object off the ground. I am just wondering if someone could explain how this code does this, and if it could be reversed i.e. changing the picking up animation to the longer one of picking twigs/grass.

local handle = inst.sg.sg.actionhandlers[ACTIONS.PICK]handle.deststate = function(inst) return "doshortaction" end

I stumbled upon this line of code searching through old forum posts. It changes the animation of picking grass/twigs to the shorter animation of picking up an object off the ground. I am just wondering if someone could explain how this code does this, and if it could be reversed i.e. changing the picking up animation to the longer one of picking twigs/grass.

"doshortaction" is a quick pickup-animation, "dolongaction" is the fiddley-faddley animation. You can't make it even longer using this method, I don't think.

What I'd do: add a workable component, reset it to "2" every time regrown, requires you to harvest twice. You need moderate madhacking skills to do that.

local handle = inst.sg.sg.actionhandlers
handle.deststate 

Mostly curious what those two lines mean.

The code I posted in the OP makes long actions (grass harvesting), get replaced by the short animation, I am trying to replace the short animation with the longer one.

Archived