research points

I really like the don’t starve game good job, but I have a question about the research thing, if you have monster meat you will get like 14 point and it’s hard to get so that’s ok, but if you make a shovel and you dig grass and you put that in the machine the game will give you 20 points and it is really easy to get. So is it not a bit much for the grass because the grass is in overflow and the monster meat is not, just dig some grass and little tree’s and you can research all the things in a half hour. Greetings ricardo

Edited by ricardo248

I really like the don’t starve game good job, but I have a question about the research thing, if you have monster meat you will get like 14 point and it’s hard to get so that’s ok, but if you make a shovel and you dig grass and you put that in the machine the game will give you 20 points and it is really easy to get. So is it not a bit much for the grass because the grass is in overflow and the monster meat is not, just dig some grass and little tree’s and you can research all the things in a half hour. Greetings ricardo

Oh and by the way, it is indeed easy for you to just farm a lot of grass and put it into the machine, but a lot of people also consider grass usefull to just farm and not just waste, for there is a limited amount of grass in the world.

Of course you can just make a new world and just farm grass in there, but thats not what the game is about, and the developers are trying to reduce this as much as possible.

For example, the developer of this game is thinking of entirely removing the research points thing. He's planning to have you make a prototype of an items at first, which costs like 2-3 times the amount of items the actual item actually takes to make, instead of the research points (ofcourse this has to be done at a research engine too).

Soo like A Bqd Feeling sayd, the game is still in development and you'll see a lot of things like this changing a lot, so don't worry about it too much :)