Reign of Giants and your current saved games.: Console Edition

ROG release was just announced and I am pretty excited for next week.

when I download the new DLC on Tuesday will the DLC automatically be introduced to my current saved game?

i don't think that would be good because it would leave me vulnerable trying to figure out new things and possibly cost me my 300+ days of surviving.

--

so i am assuming you will be able to go through the wooden thing in your current world and it will prompt you to activate the New DLC in your new world if you would like.

that seems more feasible.

--

how exactly is this  going to Work?

Since the individual new game requires the RoG to be toggled on (since it is an add-on) when you start, you wont have it automatically switched on with your old saves. Make a new game or head to a new world (and the latter is not guaranteed to work as the console may require a new game.)

Since the individual new game requires the RoG to be toggled on (since it is an add-on) when you start, you wont have it automatically switched on with your old saves. Make a new game or head to a new world (and the latter is not guaranteed to work as the console may require a new game.)

Yea, I don't think you have the option to just head to a new world since as you said, you have to let it know it should be a RoG world. The only option, I believe, is starting a new save completely.

Yea, I don't think you have the option to just head to a new world since as you said, you have to let it know it should be a RoG world. The only option, I believe, is starting a new save completely.

I haven't figured out a console method to trip an existing older game to RoG (and technically, a PC regular pre-updated save game isn't normally available this way, but you could flag it via the Console at least.) 

I haven't figured out a console method to trip an existing older game to RoG (and technically, a PC regular pre-updated save game isn't normally available this way, but you could flag it via the Console at least.) 

even if you found a way, wouldn't it have a high potential for bugs?

Archived