The Official Wayne Character Mod.

This is the page of my first mod, I'm open to suggestions and I'd gladly accept help.

.::ABOUT WAYNE::.

ART UNAVAIBLE

The Coward Mage

"Hocus pocus, tontus talontus, vade celerita jubes!"

* Loves his hat

* Is a coward

*Knows a lot about magic

.::FEATURES::.

Health: 75
Sanity: 250
Hunger: 125

• Wayne has a Magician Hat  that gives 4 sanity per minute. He really loves his hat.

• Wayne is a coward and is afraid of the dark, during the night his sanity is drained two times faster. He also runs and walks faster, 1.2x Wilson's walking speed and 1.3x Wilson's running speed. The scripting for the sanity drain, walking/running speed and stats are complete

• Wayne can access the recipes of the Prestihatitator and a new tab called Sorcery.

• The Sorcery tab has new magic items. Some of them are unlocked only with the Shadow Manipulator, pretty much like a new Magic tab with alternative items, with some that are exclusive to Wayne. The coding for the tab is incomplete

Features of the Sorcery tab 

28alx7o.png
(Tier 1 - Without Shadow Manipulator)

• The Heated Amulet - Works like the Chilled one, but meant to be used in the winter. Two times better than a Thermal stone. Requires 3x Gold Nuggets and 1x Red Gems.

• Magiluminescence Requires 3x Gold Nuggets, 3x Nightmare Fuels and 1x Orange Gem.

• The Mage Hat Same sprite as Top Hat, infinite durability and a sanity regeneration buff ONLY to Wayne. Requires 1x Top Hat, 3x Blue Gems and 3x Red Gems.

• Frost Wand - Works like the Ice Staff but with infinite uses, decreases 2 sanity when using. Requires 1x Ice Staff, 5x Twigs and 2x Nitre.

• Red Gem Requires 1x Gold Nuggets, 2x Charcoal and 1x Red Cap

• Blue Gem - Requires 1x Gold Nuggets, 2x Charcoals and 1x Blue Cap

• Orange Gem - Requires 2x Gold Nuggets, 3x Charcoals and 1x Red Gem.

• Green Gem - Requires 2x Gold Nuggets, 3x Charcoals and 1x Blue Gem.

(Tier 2 - With Shadow Manipulator) 

Soon.

.::CREDITS&THANKS::.

Gumhoy, because yes.
Pololokka for being helpful :grin:

DeathDisciple for helping me with the Sorcery Tab

He could have a custom maxwell intro, like: Oh, another magician? Well, I want to see you pulling shadows out of a book. The wands could be some twigs and a gem, maybe a rope to put it all together, or you pick a gem and, using the science machine, you smash it, then you mix it with a/some twigs. He also could have robes and hats like: one robe that raises sanity, one that works as an armor, but slows him, one that max his powers and one that makes him attack/chop/mine/walk faster( /= and/ or), his motto could be the Gandalf one( wizard is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to) I dunno what hats could be, but you/me/someone will think about it.

He could have a custom maxwell intro, like: Oh, another magician? Well, I want to see you pulling shadows out of a book. The wands could be some twigs and a gem, maybe a rope to put it all together, or you pick a gem and, using the science machine, you smash it, then you mix it with a/some twigs. He also could have robes and hats like: one robe that raises sanity, one that works as an armor, but slows him, one that max his powers and one that makes him attack/chop/mine/walk faster( /= and/ or), his motto could be the Gandalf one( wizard is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to) I dunno what hats could be, but you/me/someone will think about it.

Good Ideas :D

Anyway, art update, what do you think? (Everything was done with the mouse D: )

m750ys.png

I'd never get mad about this!

DUDE THIS IS AWESOME! (my thread isn't even that well formatted anyway
)

Go with it until you finish it!  :wilson_laugh: Maybe we can release our mods in some kind of pack!

Rambling

Concerning a couple balance issues though that may require further explanation:

The Prestihatitator crafts only the following:

1. ​Meat Effigy
  2. Pan Flute
  3. One-man Band
  4. Night Light
  5. Life Giving Amulet
  6. Chilled Amulet
  7. Ice Staff
  8. Shadow Manipulator

How am I supposed to get the materials required to make these early in the game?

Why would I need any of these items early in the game?

In the former order I'll address what makes each item difficult to acquire:

1. "Meat" itself is the hardest to find of meats that are not special drops. How will I find Beard Hair? Good but difficult.
  2. Without a Mandrake the Pan Flute is impossible to craft! Also I'd use those reeds on a bird cage not a pan flute.
  3. I can find this item from the Glommer Statue.
  4. The One-Man Band is not a good Craft unless you need alot of damage/meat quickly. (Say a giant spawns.)
  5. I'd just use it's reqs to make an umbrella.
  6. The Night Light is absolutely worst thing you could do to Wayne! It drains sanity, and he loses sanity even faster from darkness and picking evil flowers which are a required material to build it. Not worth at all unless carrying the Tam O' Shanter and NEED light... yet for some reason only have the mats to build a Night Light.
  7. The Life Giving Amulet is probably the easiest to acquire and most viable thing to get from all this. Digging up Graves drains your sanity to get the red gem and picking evil flowers is even worse than it already is.
  8. Need to Dig up Graves to get it - but hey atleast the Chilled Amulet is useful in the summer.
  9. IT IS NEVER A BAD THING TO HAVE AN ICE STAFF!
  10. Makes his original crafting power obsolete.

Why should I play Wayne if anything other than the Wands? What does it take to craft a Wand? Are staves obsolete because of wands?

Every single one of the items that uses magic drains sanity. He may have a higher sanity cap - but with the mats required for magic I can see his sanity draining insanely fast. He seems like a character built around going from high sanity rapidly to low sanity, then right back up - as opposed to someone staying with a high sanity pool and trying to keep it high. (Like Wickerbottom, and most of the other characters.)

You should make him a character that's rewarded for abusing magic early, incentivize the player to lower their sanity as much as possible then give them unique crafting recipes in regards to getting his sanity back up fast for expensive yet early game mats. (Like Gold! Or Meat! Or Silk!) Giving him alot of early game power and late game utility with his wands!

Good luck!

I'd never get mad about this!

DUDE THIS IS AWESOME! (my thread isn't even that well formatted anyway)

Go with it until you finish it!  :wilson_laugh: Maybe we can release our mods in some kind of pack!

Rambling

Concerning a couple balance issues though that may require further explanation:

The Prestihatitator crafts only the following:

1. ​Meat Effigy
  2. Pan Flute
  3. One-man Band
  4. Night Light
  5. Life Giving Amulet
  6. Chilled Amulet
  7. Ice Staff
  8. Shadow Manipulator

How am I supposed to get the materials required to make these early in the game?

Why would I need any of these items early in the game?

In the former order I'll address what makes each item difficult to acquire:

1. "Meat" itself is the hardest to find of meats that are not special drops. How will I find Beard Hair? Good but difficult.

Meat and beard hair are going to be more available with the wands (More damage in the early game, killing pigs and other things isn't going to be that difficult)

2. Without a Mandrake the Pan Flute is impossible to craft! Also I'd use those reeds on a bird cage not a pan flute.

Mandrakes are rare, maybe he will have a mandrake-crafting in his own tab.

3. I can find this item from the Glommer Statue.

The recipe is Prestihatitator and Two gold nuggets (Easy easy), 4 nightmare fuel (Kind of hard, but not impossible) and Pig skin (Again, once you find a pig village, they won't live too much!)

4. The One-Man Band is not a good Craft unless you need alot of damage/meat quickly. (Say a giant spawns.)

It still is a nice item, the mage has lower HP and may need help. Who knows?

5. I'd just use it's reqs to make an umbrella.

Maybe you could craft both!

6. The Night Light is absolutely worst thing you could do to Wayne! It drains sanity, and he loses sanity even faster from darkness and picking evil flowers which are a required material to build it. Not worth at all unless carrying the Tam O' Shanter and NEED light... yet for some reason only have the mats to build a Night Light.

He is a coward. He doesn't like the Night Light XD

7. The Life Giving Amulet is probably the easiest to acquire and most viable thing to get from all this. Digging up Graves drains your sanity to get the red gem and picking evil flowers is even worse than it already is.

Maybe this mage will know how to craft gems? Hmmm?

8. Need to Dig up Graves to get it - but hey atleast the Chilled Amulet is useful in the summer.

Same as 7.

9. IT IS NEVER A BAD THING TO HAVE AN ICE STAFF!

Ice wand!

10. Makes his original crafting power obsolete.

Don't think so. He will be able to craft the Shadow Manipulator faster than the other characters. Living logs, they are challenge, but even a coward can find some courage... 

Why should I play Wayne if anything other than the Wands? What does it take to craft a Wand? Are staves obsolete because of wands?

Kind of.

Every single one of the items that uses magic drains sanity. He may have a higher sanity cap - but with the mats required for magic I can see his sanity draining insanely fast. He seems like a character built around going from high sanity rapidly to low sanity, then right back up - as opposed to someone staying with a high sanity pool and trying to keep it high. (Like Wickerbottom, and most of the other characters.)

A Mage and his hat. A mage and his sanity increasing hat. ;)

You should make him a character that's rewarded for abusing magic early, incentivize the player to lower their sanity as much as possible then give them unique crafting recipes in regards to getting his sanity back up fast for expensive yet early game mats. (Like Gold! Or Meat! Or Silk!) Giving him alot of early game power and late game utility with his wands!

Yes!

Good luck!

This or you could make an MP sytem for him, like: He learned to use the magic, and now he became accustomed to it, so, he don't loose sanity, also, You could make a hat that boost his sanity( this would make a combo with a robe I proposed)

Good Ideas :grin:

Anyway, art update, what do you think? (Everything was done with the mouse D: )

The fact that was done with the mouse is absolutely spectacular, good job!

He should seriously be able to craft Gems. That's a perfect idea.

He can get to the Shadow Manipulator more quickly with nightmare fuel, especially if he has the ability to craft gems.

Red Gem crafted with Red Mushroom/Gold

Blue Gem crafted with Blue Mushroom/Gold?

He can get to the Shadow Manipulator more quickly with nightmare fuel, especially if he has the ability to craft gems.

YES!

Art Update! 

24gr293.png

SON OF A G̶͚̱̼̖H̨̟̪ͅA͏E͉̤͚͇̩̫͚F̼͚͍S͏͕̺͉ͅA̼̳HS̷͖̙F̺̳̻̘OA̡͖͙W͕͎̘͎H̫͎͎̥͙̙̪F̠̪͓ͅK̨̮̲͕͈A̵͖̺͓O̰͕͉Ḽ͉̲̱̱S̙̹͖̬̝̦̖͞J̳̖̯͉̣Ą̖̪̖̯͔F̱̬̠̀S̬̼͘J͞Q̸̞͙̩ͅK̹͙̙̤F̦͖̺!̵

I've had both a character named Wayne and a mage character in development for a while now.  Way to beat me to the punch. >:I

Are the heads on the far right the head without hat option? If so your hair won't bounce like Wilsons but maybe it's not supposed to!

60_picture_1.png

XD XD

SON OF A G̶͚̱̼̖H̨̟̪ͅA͏E͉̤͚͇̩̫͚F̼͚͍S͏͕̺͉ͅA̼̳HS̷͖̙F̺̳̻̘OA̡͖͙W͕͎̘͎H̫͎͎̥͙̙̪F̠̪͓ͅK̨̮̲͕͈A̵͖̺͓O̰͕͉Ḽ͉̲̱̱S̙̹͖̬̝̦̖͞J̳̖̯͉̣Ą̖̪̖̯͔F̱̬̠̀S̬̼͘J͞Q̸̞͙̩ͅK̹͙̙̤F̦͖̺!̵

I've had both a character named Wayne and a mage character in development for a while now.  Way to beat me to the punch. >:I

I'm sorry D:

I like this idea, he could even do some nightmare fuel, with some evil flowers, red and blue gems. This could be OP, but his sanity will drop like hell by picking the evil flowers, so this could be tactical, because of the shadow monsters that could kill him

I like this idea, he could even do some nightmare fuel, with some evil flowers, red and blue gems. This could be OP, but his sanity will drop like hell by picking the evil flowers, so this could be tactical, because of the shadow monsters that could kill him

I will think about it :grin: Anyway, my drawing had a low resolution in-game, so I'm doing them again. This time it will work...

2wcjjv7.png

Thanks! I will need it. :(

Art update. First head.  :snarlingspider:

33fdkox.png

Looking good pal! Im sorry it came out low res in game, try blowing up your images to 400% to work with then shrink them back down to put them in game and if you haven't read this guide - it may help! Be sure to put the author in the credits section of your mod though!

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/27341-tutorial-the-artists-guide-to-characteritem-modding/

Looking good pal! Im sorry it came out low res in game, try blowing up your images to 400% to work with then shrink them back down to put them in game and if you haven't read this guide - it may help! Be sure to put the author in the credits section of your mod though!

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/27341-tutorial-the-artists-guide-to-characteritem-modding/

Already solved opening one some texts from Wilson and Wes, and blowing the image up to 300% so the size equals the ingame ones made by Klei.

Hey, I've got another idea. You could make an EXP sytem for him, as he grows his level, he learns news spells, his stats grows a bit, it cost less sanity/MP for him to cast a spell and he learn new recipes. And you could make a spell combine system, like: mix 2 wands of the same spell and you have a higer level spell( like Fire lv.2) or 2 different wands and you have a different spell( this time I have no exemple, but it would be cool, but would require more modding work)

Hey, I've got another idea. You could make an EXP sytem for him, as he grows his level, he learns news spells, his stats grows a bit, it cost less sanity/MP for him to cast a spell and he learn new recipes. And you could make a spell combine system, like: mix 2 wands of the same spell and you have a higer level spell( like Fire lv.2) or 2 different wands and you have a different spell( this time I have no exemple, but it would be cool, but would require more modding work)

Too hard. I'll stick to something more "Don't Starve" and not "Hero in the Dark" XD

Looks like you're have an art problem there bud, Uhhm... my guess would be to go around the entire head of wayne and erase all that little fuzz. I know how to get rid of it easily in photoshop but I have no idea how to do it in Paint.Net - Did you draw at 4x the size of the original games files to ensure the art would look ***** and spam when shrunk?

That's about the only thing I can think of! Sorry!

Archived