Post-Adventure Mode Suprise

So after about 10 or so tries I beat Adventure mode. I didn't spoil TOO much for myself so it was an interesting surprise to see my new character was Maxwell... Only problem, is that if I knew that you turn into Maxwell I wouldn't have went through Adventure mode just yet. I want to explore the rest of the End Game more, and I can't really do that with his extremely low health when i'm used to the ultra tanky 400 HP of fully upgraded WX-78.

So my question is, is there a way to change my current character, BUT NOT CHANGE WORLDS. I know I can make complete the Teleporto machine in Sandbox mode and go the another world with a full inventory, but I like my current one a lot. I remember being able to just use a Tent and change characters, but that got removed. I'm not even above using a mod of changing a bit of data in the game files.

TL;DR: How can I change characters without changing worlds.

Actually there is a way: you have to beat adventure mode in another world with the character you want, so that the character you would like to play as will be sitting on the throne instead of maxwell. Then you go in the current world, the one where you want to play, and end adventure mode once again. At the end you will free the character sitting on the throne and exit the door as him/her/it.

There you go: how to change character.

It's a long method, but it's the only one you can use if you want to change character but not world.

Actually there is a way: you have to beat adventure mode in another world with the character you want, so that the character you would like to play as will be sitting on the throne instead of maxwell. Then you go in the current world, the one where you want to play, and end adventure mode once again. At the end you will free the character sitting on the throne and exit the door as him/her/it.

There you go: how to change character.

It's a long method, but it's the only one you can use if you want to change character but not world.

Hmmm. It seems like that would work. What if I just right back into the portal in my current world? Wouldn't WX-78 (the character i just beat it with) still be sitting there and get swapped out.

Hmmm. It seems like that would work. What if I just right back into the portal in my current world? Wouldn't WX-78 (the character i just beat it with) still be sitting there and get swapped out.

Yup. If you beat Adventure Mode once again, you will swap Maxwell for Wx-78.

I'm almost sure it won't be upgraded though (it will be back to 100 hunger/sanity/health).

Yup. If you beat Adventure Mode once again, you will swap Maxwell for Wx-78.

I'm almost sure it won't be upgraded though (it will be back to 100 hunger/sanity/health).

I just cheated my way through Adventure Mode (I think it's justified in this circumstance...). I came out as a Level 1 WX-78.

Thanks for the help!

Archived