Can't figure out what I've messed up?

First mod I've tried to make for this game, but I'm quite familiar with modding in general and have made mods for many other games, so I'm just still trying to figure this one out.

I really don't know where I'm going wrong.

I used the [Tutorial] The Artist's Guide To Character/item Modding thread as a guide and various mods I had already downloaded as templates, but the game crashes upon starting the world.

I've attached a screenshot of the crashlog, as well as a zip of the entire mod below (it's very small, just adds 2 new items)

Can anyone give a hint as to where I've made a mistake? I've been messing around with the files for a couple of hours now and am not making progress.

Compost.zip

post-414334-0-81902100-1404359554_thumb.

the last recipe about guano is the baddie here

Also, your mod is incompatible with vanilla, since you call wathgringblah, who is not avaible.

Furthermore, you cannot give one thing two recipes it seems. The second one overwrites the other.

It's pretty easy:

Recipe("guano", {Ingredient("nitre", 1), Ingredient("poop", 3)}, RECIPETABS.FOOD, TECH.SCIENCE_TWO,nil,nil,nil,4)

there is no RECIPETABS.FOOD, it should be RECIPETABS.FARM.

See scripts/constants.lua line #535 for details

Also, as Mobbstar correctly mentioned, your mod has some bugs:

1) The game will report error on vanilla clients because of WATHGRITHR related strings. You should first perform a check for this character enabled and then add these strings to the STRINGS table

2) You can not have 2 recipes for 1 item.  So the last recipe definition will overwrite all others with the same recipe name. You can use cookpot-like behaviour to achieve creation of one item from multiple ingridients.

3) You do not have images for your recipes, so your new recipes get the image from the last item of recipe tab viewed (see screenshots)

post-390485-0-95139200-1404375628_thumb.

post-390485-0-83317100-1404375631_thumb.

there is no RECIPETABS.FOOD, it should be RECIPETABS.FARM.

See scripts/constants.lua line #535 for details

Yeah, I suspected that, but irl stuff kept me from checking. Thanks for doing it :razz:

EDIT: The tabs can also be seen in recipes.lua which is where I look them up

Oh wow, I made more mistakes than I thought XD

Now I feel embarrassed.

Thanks a lot for the detailed responses guys.

Furthermore, you cannot give one thing two recipes it seems. The second one overwrites the other.

Oh, interesting. I swore I saw a mod that had 2 recipes for the same item... I guess I'll have to check how they went about doing it, although I suspect it was probably done by just making a duplicate pair that were identical as far as the player could discern.

Archived