Charcoal Recipe

Hi,

I have recently begun to mod don't starve, privately, to learn the code and such. so far I've had no trouble (but honestly I've only been messing around with tuning.) So I tried adding a recipe to the survival tab for charcoal from one log. no crashes or anything and the game runs fine. but he recipe isn't showing up on the bar.

this is all I added to the survival tab.

Recipe("charcoal", {Ingredient("log",1)}, RECIPETABS.SURVIVAL, TECH.NONE)

That's the only thing I've added, I kind of think i'm supposed to add something somewhere else, but i'm not sure where to add anything, as this is an item that's already in the game and I didn't change anything about it.

I have searched the topics for other similar problems but had no luck. I read the KLEI MOD API tutorial files and downloaded the mod api folder and read through that, so I don't have any crashes or errors.

If anyone could help me figure out why my recipe isn't showing up that would be wonderful.

If I missed a topic of a similar nature that has been resolved then please redirect me.

From my experience, you need to set a buttload of image paths or something like that to make it display properly, or else it will look like the recipe that was there before you scrolled down. Did you check to make sure it's not at the very bottom of the list?

EDIT: I used these lines (as seen in my pigspikes mod):

local crafting= Recipe("customprefab", {Ingredient("pigskin", 3),Ingredient("twigs", 4)}, RECIPETABS.TOWN, TECH.SCIENCE_ONE, "customprefab_placer") --it's a structure, needs a placercrafting.atlas = "images/customprefab.xml"

I believe I figured it out. I didn't actually create a mod folder or anything I simply added the recipe directly into the recipes folder in the don't starve core files. im going to create the proper files and see if that changes anything. Also, thanks for the snippet Mobbstar, I didn't realize I needed to use the (local crafting=) part.

Archived