Two new Mods I'd love to see

1) Calendar: Req Alchemy Engine: 12 parchment, 1 rope, 6 charcol, 1 twig: Creates a machine that looks similiar to the rainometer but the arrow points far left on day one of the season and the far right on the last day of the season.. moving left to right as the season passes with percentile/numerical markings.

2) Notebook: Req Alchemy Engine: 10 Parchment, 1 rope, 1 log, 6 charcol, 3 twig:  Creates an item which, when examined allows you to edit any of 20 pages... 

The calendar mod will (again) make the game not about discovery and exploration, but about "digits juggling". The game's design suggests you to explore the world and learn it's properties by observation and experimentation. Calendar mod will discard these aspects of the game (imho) and will be more like "when I show you "winter" word on the screen - put your warm hat on"

Here is a pic for thoughts:

580527_471583089568637_988632602_n.jpg

<p>The only thing it will prevent someone from "Discovering" is that they didn't realize winter was coming so soon. You still need to explore to find all the materials and resources... this just gives you a better view of what your dead line is. This is mainly for players who already know the seasonal cycle, and 12 parchments requires 48 reeds, hardly something a new player would prioritize. In fact, knowing that you have 5 days left to prepare rather then thinking you have somewhere between 3-7 would allow you to explore more... not being sure when winter will hit would be more likely to chain you to your base camp.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>The notebook would be a catch all for all sorts of random data. you might write a to do list, or keep a tally of how much food you have. Maybe Jot down some notes before logging off so you don't forget to do something next time you log in. Maybe you'd write which wormholes link to which or you could drop something and note where you left it. </p>

<p> </p>

<p>I don't know, these are both things that I currently do using out of game tools (Notepad or pen and paper) but the game is hard enough with out "Stupid" mistakes. Plus, where I really to be in such a situation a calendar and notebook/writing utensils would be items I'd try to acquire as soon as I had some stability... irl it would likely even help your sanity. </p>

<p> </p>

<p> </p>

580527_471583089568637_988632602_n.jpg

Turning that into a Mod, Its not going to literally tell you but it will act the same as that, If its raining its shiny and if its snowing it will have snow ontop of it etc. just as a jab at the idea of an actual Calendar since you can already figure all of those out just by looking anywhere other than the rock.

Archived