Rebalancing mod

Hello there!

So... I have been thinking into starting modding since a while now, and I think it's time for me to begin.

Since I don't know how to do really nice stuffs yet (creating new animations, changing the world gen, ...) I will start with a "simple" one: rebalancing!

But before that, I would like to know what would you think about such a mod, so here is some examples of what I want to change.

The main idea is to make the experience in the game... faster. By faster I mean more stressful. More active. Right now I find the game too slow. Not that hard. Wearing a log armor and rushing into enemies, knowing you will revive thanks to an altar or an amulet is not what I call a stressful experience.

Not that I don't like it! Players often look for something like this. But I want to change this 'this' for the other kind of players.

So, what would it change to make the game more stressful, hard?

I want to make every single being of the game more dangerous in a first place. Wolves (dogs?) will be tougher (to a point you will want to run away the first days, so you will have to find a solution to avoid them!).

Resources will be gathered faster (big trees cut down in 6 hits rather than 15, at a cost of 2% per hit rather than 1% with the normal axe). Straws will provide twice as much as resources. Same for sticks.

Friends will be harder to make.

Some recipes might change (if I find how to do it!).

And so on. I have not yet thought of EVERYTHING I will change to make this rebalancing a nice new experience. But I will make sure that when it's done, you will have to know the game to survive.

Nothing BIG will be changed. I won't add any creature, or remove bunnies to replace them with hard core human eaters. It's JUST rebalancing.

So... I will start veeeeery soon to create this mod and keep you posted.

I hope some of you like the idea. If you have any suggestion of rebalancing, I am open to them!

Hello there!

So... I have been thinking into starting modding since a while now, and I think it's time for me to begin.

Since I don't know how to do really nice stuffs yet (creating new animations, changing the world gen, ...) I will start with a "simple" one: rebalancing!

But before that, I would like to know what would you think about such a mod, so here is some examples of what I want to change.

The main idea is to make the experience in the game... faster. By faster I mean more stressful. More active. Right now I find the game too slow. Not that hard. Wearing a log armor and rushing into enemies, knowing you will revive thanks to an altar or an amulet is not what I call a stressful experience.

Not that I don't like it! Players often look for something like this. But I want to change this 'this' for the other kind of players.

So, what would it change to make the game more stressful, hard?

I want to make every single being of the game more dangerous in a first place. Wolves (dogs?) will be tougher (to a point you will want to run away the first days, so you will have to find a solution to avoid them!).

Resources will be gathered faster (big trees cut down in 6 hits rather than 15, at a cost of 2% per hit rather than 1% with the normal axe). Straws will provide twice as much as resources. Same for sticks.

Friends will be harder to make.

Some recipes might change (if I find how to do it!).

And so on. I have not yet thought of EVERYTHING I will change to make this rebalancing a nice new experience. But I will make sure that when it's done, you will have to know the game to survive.

Nothing BIG will be changed. I won't add any creature, or remove bunnies to replace them with hard core human eaters. It's JUST rebalancing.

So... I will start veeeeery soon to create this mod and keep you posted.

I hope some of you like the idea. If you have any suggestion of rebalancing, I am open to them!

There are many realism mods on the steam workshop. They have a lot of what you are looking for.

Archived