How to Start off as Webber?

Generally you should start like any other character, but try to gather as much silk as you can. Eventually you'll want to start tearing down tier 3 dens and move them to your liking. You can even upgrade them with silk if they are not at tier 3 yet. After you get a decent amount of spiders, you can start living off of monster meat.

If you plan on using Chester you'll want to place the eggs a few screens away, otherwise spiders you don't befriend will attack him. Only applies to chester though, spiders like Glommer, I guess because he's a bug.

My strategy lately has been to settle not too far from a pond. Then I place a fire at the pond too, and when I need health I can spend a night fishing and make fish sticks(1 fish, 2 monster meat, and 1 twig). With the insane amount of monster meat you will get it is the best health option. 

I also look to settle near the swamp, with all the reeds, I can make more dens quickly. And usually there are spider nests near tentacles, which produces a lot of glands and silk. Also, if you spawn a treegaurd while chopping trees, its easy to bring him into the swamp and have him kill a few tentacles.

Archived