How multiplayers Savegames will Work?

Exactly dat.... !   (please dont be mad with my english, its not my main language)

How multiplayers Savegames will Work?

Basicaly as we all know we can play the same map as long as we survive sometimes weeks of real time... so my main doubt is if i start a game with 4 random people and we all play lets say 4 hours 1 day and decide to go to sleep... how we return to the game... i will have to continue with the exact 4 memers to play...?

other is.. if 1 left the game can other guy come and join?... if its posible, he has to use the exact same character dat the guy who left the game was playing...?

Those are my big doubts...

PD: please multiplater be just cooperative mode.

PD2: please add pvp as a mode in multiplayers,,, 2-4 guys spawining y 2-4 parts of THE SAME MAP... the 1 dat survive... it WIN!!!

Welcome to the forums, as it stands right now there's not much info out there regarding multiplayer game servers, aside from that Klei is trying to find a way to please both them and the players. So far there have been suggestions like the ability of making friend only games, a history list of played games, and more. Untill Klei spills more beans about DST, rumors/suggestions are the only thing to discuss :)

I think it will work very similar to what Civilization 5 does in multiplayer. Basically if you don't know if a friend leaves you can either vote to continue with whoever is left, or save and quit. If the player leaves, the person will always have a spot in the game that cannot be taken or changed by anyone except that player . So I'm thinking there will be, let's say, a 4 slot menu with the faces of the characters your friends and you chose (Similar to the world select menu) you click on the character you previously played and enter in the password you created for your save slot the first day. This would stop jerks from messing with your save file or someone taking your slot.

This to me is my biggest question. Will it be just a friends only server or save, where time advances on it's own or when another player is on. Could you imagine if you logged back in, and you had the wrong clothes and gear in the middle of summer or winter? If you logged on to the pitch black, with no torches?

Logging into a question mark can be almost instantly fatal, and not being able to play because of 4 of you isn't there is not an option. There's all sorts of ways they can deal with it, there's all sorts of way they can tweak balance or the way you join matches. Maybe you're invulnerable for a couple minutes, or the game spawns you in with some situation appropriate gear with a hard timer on it, or maybe you just spawn in on you friend in their single player world, or maybe... I'm much more interested in this than PVP.

Archived