It Lies Underground (Closed)

Strangerdanger101

This may be closed, but it doesn't mean it's impossible to get it.

Name by @Silentdarkness1

Deep in the depths of the world... there lies a ancient evil that has been awakened once again..... (and no, its not Delmar actually, Delmar used to be his... servant. You'll find out what the ancient evil is eventually, don't worry. It will be the main 'bad guy' of this Roleplay. Delmar will be more of a minor one.)

He will return... and consume all. Just as a blade rends flesh, so must the cursed ones scar the spirit. Only those with the heart of a champion will even stand a chance against... Dracul.

-the prophecy (If you find the reference you are amazing)

First roleplaying thread, so please go easy on me.

depending on a few things, i may allow more slots. So just because it seems that all slots have been taken up doesn't mean it's impossible to get in. (PM me if you want to talk about this)

RULES:

1: No godmodding. (If you want to kill off someones character, please ask them first.) Try not to be too overpowered. (I will allow slightly OP characters most of the time. Just don't overdo it.)

2: Don't try to make the entire Roleplay combat.

3: Don't shake off damage like you are invincible.

Delmar

Race: Depths Worm

Personality: Arrogant and does not like to be insulted. Is also usually plotting against his 'friends' and lies all the time. He believes that only shadow creatures understand him and usually only gets along with shadow creatures and wishes he was one permanently. (Changed from Them to avoid confusion with well, them.)

Abilities:

Cursed: He can summon lesser shadow creatures to do his bidding, (the lower the victim's sanity the more that can be summoned at once) for a small chunk of his energy. They disappear after 5 seconds in light. (10 seconds if the light is coming from a source of fire) He can also transform into a strong shadow creature once a day for roughly 10 minutes. (Please try to specify when 10 minutes have passed.) He can shroud the sun in darkness to remove the light from it, (if Charlie applies in a roleplay, she will not attack) but it requires upkeep. (He needs to stay concentrated) Any nearby fires will also go out during this, but they will come back if the effect ends.

During this, Shadow creatures still emit a small amount of light which doesn't make them disappear and torches will not go out. (Suggested by Silentdarkness)

Corruption: He can send a shadowy projectile, it does no damage to health, but it lowers the victims sanity a bit.

Glow berries: He still has the glow berry lure, except it's red, and can still burrow like a 'normal' depths worm.

Resistance to Shadow: Shadow creatures deal slightly less damage. (AKA: hurt him less)

Cons:

One with the Darkness: Delmar cannot see very well in the light. (Some of his vision is blurred)

Too much light also begins to burn Delmar.

Weakness to Fire: Fire burns Delmar much more and deals more damage in general. He has a very small resistance to smoke, though.

Burdened by Thought: Burrows slightly slower, and takes a long time to fall asleep.

Backstory: Was just a normal depths worm, really likes nightmare fuel, used it a bit too much... But was always in the DS world. He used to live in the ruins...

Appearance: 4 (originally 6) ant-like legs that allow him to walk on land, and 5 eyes directly below the glow berry. Aside from these looks like just a normal depths worm. (Once again, thanks to Silentdarkness1 for the suggestions.)

You will have to find out Dracul's secrets yourself...

Roleplayers:

1: @Silentdarkness1 (Markarth, Webber)

2: Me (Delmar, Dracul)

3: @goldenriley (Aisha) - Originally Lord_Battal

4: @FieldNotes (Tekrii)

5: @ (Lisul, Tamera)

6: @Rabbitfist (Bolt)

7: @Blewcheese

8: @goldfish911 (Serinei)

9: @TLLBRDWRNGLR (Thynik)

Graveyard:

This list contains all the characters that have died. Names are in grey.

Oxryklne

Make your bios however you like. There is no set 'template' you have to follow.

The roleplay has started. You can still join however as long as these slots are free.

Edited by Strangerdanger101

I'm in.

Two characters. Webber and Markarth, an OC of mine.

Name: Markarth

Race: Shadow Creature

Abilities: Can cause insanity when looked at directly. Also freezes things solid.

Personality: Markarth is utterly unpredictable, and may either help or hinder any mortal he comes across.

Backstory: He used to be one of Them, but he grew bored of the way he watched the show. He wanted something a bit more.....interactive. So he left them and headed down to the world itself, waiting and watching for proper moments to involve himself.

(Heh, of course I'm just joking.  I would have spelled "Ripoff" correctly if I hadn't been.)

(Anyways, since Essence of Souls is discontinued...)

Oxryklne

Race: Shadow Beetle

Biography: The product of a failed experiment to create a small creature that could scout out new resources, Oxryklne is the first and last shadow beetle. After his creator died, he wandered off into the wilderness, living off of small carrion and the like. Due to his small size, he is mostly ignored by the Island's inhabitants until it is too late.

Abilities: Oxryklne can manipulate shadows to some degree, creating tendrils which originate from his body.  He can also use small wings to fly, though these are easily damaged.  His strong shell makes him resilient for a beetle. 

Appearance:
Oxryklne is about the size of a bottlecap, with a black shell covered in tiny, backwards-facing spines.  He has six dark-red eyes and large mandibles, with two short antennae.  His skin is dark purple and transparent. 

(I'm paranoid, i like to answer joke questions. :-) Okay so we have two choices....

Start it now (Silentdarkness seems to be offline though)

Or wait until we get one more person. It really is a shame Essence of souls got discontinued though.)

(Nevermind, we're starting it now.

@Silentdarkness1 I'll let you use Charlie again if you want)

It is a beautiful spring day, the birds are singing, the sun is shining, and all is well... for now, at least.

It begins to rain heavily. A few weak frogs fall from the sky, but that is all.

(Not introducing Delmar yet, just a minor note: I will be controlling the weather and time of day. I won't make the time of  day go really fast though.)

(Why is it always me?  :()

Of all the days for frog rain.  Oxryklne thinks, running through the tall grass to a large tree nearby.  Avoiding the hungry gaze of a nearby frog, he makes it to the tree and flies into a small hollow within the plant.  It is comfortably dry inside, and out of the reach of frogs.

Maybe I'll get some peace now.

Oxryklne peeks out of the tree, surveying the ground.  A moleworm, perhaps?  Well, I'm not very hungry and I don't feel like being bait.  I'll sit this one out.

He climbs back in to the hollow.

The sounds of a moleworm can be heard, then, seconds after, the shriek of the moleworm can be heard... then there is only pieces of meat where the moleworm once was. For just a heartbeat, a Depths worm roar can be heard.

And a second later: "Stupid light... i wish it was night all the time, but i guess life isn't fair. I suppose this pathetic little Moleworm will be nice for a snack." The digging sounds are heard once again, except louder this time, and suddenly... the sounds are gone.

(@Silentdarkness1 You may introduce Webber now if you want, because there is a tier 2 spider den not too far from where this is going on at.)

( someone is PMing me to join, so expect someone new in a few minutes.)

Great, there are other creatures here... The depths worm went into the light and into view, and his vision became quite blurred.

He looked at Webber with his 5 eyes and tried to get a good look at him, struggling to see correctly in the light.