Possible Full Moon Skipping (Woodie)

Okay so me and a friend were talking this over again.

I might actually make a repost to include other characters.

Woodie has a final idea for a possible turn blocking item so I would like to post the ideas for that.

The ideas are always open for discussion though.

These are placed in here because they could play an equal part in both the main game and multiplayer.

So if you're liking this idea just give me a little while, while I work on a new thread entirely for characters items or buffs I think could help.

I am against any new item that counters Woodie's curse in the game (unless it's a mod). Not being able to grab Glommer is part of his disadvantages in single player, which is balanced by the fact that you are pretty much godlike in beaver form (provided you can find enough wood to fill up your log bar), that you can chop trees, uproot stuff, mine rocks and marble freely without any tools (to name only a few possible options). He also has a lot of other advantages, but you probably are already aware of that.

In the same line of thought, I would not like to see items that ''disguise'' Webber so he can befriend pigs. Each character is pretty well designed, with their advantages and disadvantages.

As for multiplayer, we don't have enough information yet to make any solid statement (even the devs are still unaware of all the details). I am guessing there will be a lot of tweaking necessary to allow characters to cooperate, for example befriended pigs and befriended spiders should be neutral to other players, just like they are right now with Chester and Glommer, but unbefriended pigs and spiders should affect the other players normally.

It is really early for all that, though. The devs haven't even made a suggestion forum yet! =)

As I understand all of this, I appreciate the fact someone decided to come talk but I do understand the rules of how it all works.

I understand Woodie is not "supposed" to get Glommer(more he is just not able to obtain it), that he is incedibly strong as a werebeaver(but still vulnerable), I get all of that.

This item I am thinking of is not to completely over power anything. It would still have major disadvantages and would cost quite a lot.

Having played the game for the time I have there are some characters that I believe could use small-small boosts for multiplayer and RoG itself. There are some bugs still prevelent since Beta that sometimes occur.  A lot of characters are almost found unplayable to some people, but that has no real point to things. My ideas are not to make anyone over powered, and if they become that I would chuck them.

But that all aside the main reason I have these ideas, this one in particular, is because it can get a bit bothersome. Especially considering how short summer's night is.

I am not looking to over power anyone, Webber is not getting any disguise, I never said anything about Webber anyways, I am just looking to make some characters more playable, in the DLC mostly, and help out how characters would play in the multiplayer.

As the multiplayer is confirmed I have vague ideas of how that could possibly go down. As it's still going to involve multiple people, most likely your friends unless they go with some idea I heard with large servers, there are some things that are going to have to be tweaked.

Ally spiders still attack Chester and Glommer so that still has to be fixed.

And I do understand there are no suggestions yet this is still technically the "multiplayer" general discussion forum. So as of now everything is allowed to be posted here until told otherwise by the admins.

I am still going to remake my thread and rewrite the ideas, I appreciate ideas immensly, brainstorming is good and fun. What was quickly scribbled here was just the base idea. Since then I have been talking to a friend and working out kinks in making it more balanced and less easily explotable.

So thank you. But I am still writing this out. I accept people not liking the idea but I still have freedoms in just writing them out. So again, thank you for input. It is still going to get rewritten, and then rewritten again and a again until it is either balanced or just pointless. Until then. :wilson_smile:

So thank you. But I am still writing this out. I accept people not liking the idea but I still have freedoms in just writing them out. So again, thank you for input. It is still going to get rewritten, and then rewritten again and a again until it is either balanced or just pointless. Until then. :wilson_smile:

I am sincerely sorry if I appeared to be rude, that was not my intention! Off course anyone is welcome to post their ideas and opinions on the forums ! Don't be afraid of doing so because of my previous comment, I am not worth more than anyone here and my opinion is just equal to yours! =)

I will wait for your complete idea to be posted before adding anything else about this suggestion!

I agree with you that some things will need to be tweaked/balanced for multiplayer, that is certain. I just don't believe the balance issues will need to be solved by adding new items to counter some of the characters downsides (as in the example I gave for Webber, which was only an example as I don't remember anyone actually suggesting this). I have no idea if the developpers want to balance out the characters between them for multiplayer (in order to make them equal in power/perks/etc.), but it was not the case for single player. I guess we'll have to wait and see! I am pretty sure every character is playable and enjoyable as they are right now in single player, they just require different play styles that do not necessarily fit everyone's playstyle.

Cheers!

I am sincerely sorry if I appeared to be rude, that was not my intention! Off course anyone is welcome to post their ideas and opinions on the forums ! Don't be afraid of doing so because of my previous comment, I am not worth more than anyone here and my opinion is just equal to yours! =)

I will wait for your complete idea to be posted before adding anything else about this suggestion!

I agree with you that some things will need to be tweaked/balanced for multiplayer, that is certain. I just don't believe the balance issues will need to be solved by adding new items to counter some of the characters downsides (as in the example I gave for Webber, which was only an example as I don't remember anyone actually suggesting this). I have no idea if the developpers want to balance out the characters between them for multiplayer (in order to make them equal in power/perks/etc.), but it was not the case for single player. I guess we'll have to wait and see! I am pretty sure every character is playable and enjoyable as they are right now in single player, they just require different play styles that do not necessarily fit everyone's playstyle.

Cheers!

It's quite all right. It wasn't as bad as it could have been. I've run into many people who are just out right rude so it's really no biggie.

I welcome all comments and reply to them each if I can. You're all worth hearing and explaining to. I am sorry if my reply back sounded a tad defensive but it is just to defend my points.

I would welcome it immediately, hate or like I love input!

Some will stay the same and some will change. If any new items, they would have to be quite expenssive but not completely over powered or exploitable, so we can agree there. These are just ideas, so part of it is mostly for fun unless it can serve a real purpose.

Now away to typing.

Nice talking to you.

Archived