Requiring Spriter and code assistance for a mod project

Silentdarkness1

I am requesting help in the art department and an extra hand in the coding department for a mod that will add onto and change the sanity mechanics in Don't Starve to make them more threatening.

With squeek's help, I did manage to make a mod that is a brief exploration into something like this: http://forums.kleientertainment.com/files/file/594-mental-collapse/

I have far grander plans, however. But, I have zero art skills whatsoever, and I could use some help with coding for the thing. Not to mention balance.

This would likely involve such things as more nightmare creatures and different varieties of those creatures, as well as hallucinations, changes in the behavior of existing creatures and possibly a new boss.

I am willing to provide the ideas, and do what I can on the side of coding.

A few additions and tweaks to a few prefabs, for example, adding a small negative sanity aura to the Shadow Manipulator. And a small dapperness aura to all characters. Not nearly enough as Maxwell, but just enough to help with the new sanity issues before you. Also, i'd like to integrate the Happy Flowers mod if possible.

Also, a Shadow Creature that exists purely to summon other Shadow Creatures to harass you, extremely slow health drain when sanity is low, and a mental collapse when sanity hits 0 which will not only make the world even more strange-looking than normal, but be much, much more dangerous.

Also, as far as new insanity creatures, Beardaloes will always aggro, like they do while in heat, pigmen will turn into Hogmen. Much more difficult to kill, but there's a chance to get a Walrus Tusk off of a Werehog.

Archived