28 members have voted

1. 1. Are Blood Moons a good idea or should I stop making crappy suggestions?

• Good idea
    • Potentially ok but needs a bit of work
    • That's just awful, what is wrong with you?

A full moon night could have a one in ten chance of being a blood moon. The screen would be lit by a red glow instead of the normal blueish hue. Blood moons would have special occurrences such as; many mobs become hostile to the player, werepigs actively seek out the player etc, aswell as the normal full moon features.

This would add a sense of insecurity similar to hound attacks and vargs as well as a break to the usual rhythms which could make surviving long periods of time more interesting and keep players on their toes.

Maybe there could be more meaning behind "blood moon". I'm talking blood monsters! Say, whenever you kill a creature between blood moons it builds up "blood shed" similar to karma. The more blood you've spilled, the more blood-themed monster spawn to attack you. The counter resets each blood moon. I'm thinking it would have to be one blood monster every few normal creatures, maybe larger creatures give more blood.

I can understand wanting to add more interesting things to the game, but right now I think we already have enough hazards. Heat, Freezing, Hounds, Wildfires, Giants (Especially damned Dragonfly) - you literally have no time to go cave exploring for example, always preparing for something lethal - chopping wood for fire in winter, mining ice and nitre for summer, etc. And now picture this - you've just dealt with Bearger (for example), surviving with near 1\10 health left, armor broken, followed by immediate hound attack (actually happened right after Bearger once, used pigs to repel - 20 pig village built) and when you came home to heal and restore sanity - Blood Moon starts sending all 20 of your pigs to rip you to shreds. I'd say this is the point where fun turns into ridiculousness... So nope - if you wanna evil mobs wanting your blood - go insane and they'll diligently follow you everywhere. And suspicious crosses with Terraria sound bad too in a way. That's just my opinion though.

A full moon night could have a one in ten chance of being a blood moon. The screen would be lit by a red glow instead of the normal blueish hue. Blood moons would have special occurrences such as; many mobs become hostile to the player, werepigs actively seek out the player etc, aswell as the normal full moon features.

This would add a sense of insecurity similar to hound attacks and vargs as well as a break to the usual rhythms which could make surviving long periods of time more interesting and keep players on their toes.

Terraria?

Terraria?

Sure, yeah, It may be a real thing but still. EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS is JUST like Terraria..-_-

FRUHEBDSY

Archived