Hambat now worse than spear

I find that the hambat now with diminishing damage with durability is not even as good as the spear after about 30% degradation.  Being that it requires food and pig skin both highly valued resources (to me anyway) which becomes a weapon with a clock (rather than usage degradation) meaning unless you plan to do alot of killing immediately after you make it (even more of an issue to me with the prototype since you have to be at a machine the first time anyway and usually far from combat, making it rot to spear damage before you get the first use most of the time), it is no better and even worse than the standard spear.  

I find that the hambat now with diminishing damage with durability is not even as good as the spear after about 30% degradation.  Being that it requires food and pig skin both highly valued resources (to me anyway) which becomes a weapon with a clock (rather than usage degradation) meaning unless you plan to do alot of killing immediately after you make it (even more of an issue to me with the prototype since you have to be at a machine the first time anyway and usually far from combat, making it rot to spear damage before you get the first use most of the time), it is no better and even worse than the standard spear.  

not sure if this helps you but in the next update you'll be able to keep it in the fridge to slow spoilage until you need it.

Despite the fact that it will eventually degrade to the spear, it still has a unlimited amount of hits during that time.

When it starts becoming worse, it still usually doesn't require many extra hits to kill something, and it still has unlimited hits until time runs out.

If you have a Snow Chester or Insulted Pack, you can store it in them for extra days of use whilst still being mobile. It was a bit OP before the update, since it does more damage then the tentacle spike, which was arguably more difficult to obtain. 

I suppose that does makes more sense considering the challenging nature of the game.  Being more prepared to preserve it to gain more use before it spoils.  In concept it becoming less effective over time I like a lot it just seemed like it became too weak too quickly.   

Archived