*Heavy breathing*

If Reign of Giants does amazingly well they could fund a multiplayer project, or some other cool thing.

The old bell + panflute seems OP, but I never used it, so my opinion isn't 100%.

KLEI cares about money and players, a balance.

About Webber, monster meat is his only big advantage, since spiders being neutral is only good early game, when a **** ton of pigmen is better late game.

you have no idea how op he would have been in my old world, there were about 15 lvl 3 spider nests, and one piece of meat is enough to befriend half of a nest- spider army 

spring is here, any way to not take rain dmg with wx-78? i have the rain hat and the umbrella but they aren't helping

I think you will take no damage if you can keep at 0% wetness.

That basically means that you need 100% rain resistance. An umbrella + straw hat should do the trick.Then you also probably need to dry off near a fire with that stuff equipped for a few seconds to get rid of any wetness you already acuulated before you put your raingear on.

WX-78 probably needs some adjustment when it comes to rain damage as it makes little sense that you take damage no matter HOW wet you are - because this means that you either have to get 100% resistance or have no protection (and pray you can just outheal the damage). It would make a lot more sense if you took less damage at very low wetness, and much more damage if you are close to maxing out. Maybe just make the damage ticks scale in frequency depending on the wetness.

-Stigma

you have no idea how op he would have been in my old world, there were about 15 lvl 3 spider nests, and one piece of meat is enough to befriend half of a nest- spider army

1 meat = 1 spider for 3 days.

Having a bunch of spiders is good, but either way you can run into them with a mob chasing you, just with Webber it's less of a risk.

WX-78 probably needs some adjustment when it comes to rain damage as it makes little sense that you take damage no matter HOW wet you are - because this means that you either have to get 100% resistance or have no protection (and pray you can just outheal the damage). It would make a lot more sense if you took less damage at very low wetness, and much more damage if you are close to maxing out. Maybe just make the damage ticks scale in frequency depending on the wetness.

but rain coats are so cheap and easy to make

Thread's off track by now, but if you need early game ideas for giants, don't forget Treeguards. Chop until they appear, then placate with cones and they'll be wandering around nearby. Deerclops AoE easily gets them aggro.

Whoever wins, the victor will have low enough health that you can finish them off.

but rain coats are so cheap and easy to make

But they need tentacle spots don't they? That's like a 25% chance drop from tentacles, which is neither easy to get, nor very reliable in the sense that you might need to kill a lot of tentacles before you get what you need. An umbrella on the other hand only needs a pigskin aside from the most basic types of ingredients, and the strawhat is just straw obviously - making it fairly easy to get as you will tend to find at least ONE pigskin you can use from some random source fairly early.

-Stigma

But they need tentacle spots don't they? That's like a 25% chance drop from tentacles, which is neither easy to get, nor very reliable in the sense that you might need to kill a lot of tentacles before you get what you need. An umbrella on the other hand only needs a pigskin aside from the most basic types of ingredients, and the strawhat is just straw obviously - making it fairly easy to get as you will tend to find at least ONE pigskin you can use from some random source fairly early.

-Stigma

it's all personal preference then. while i may be a couple of minutes late getting spots than pig skin, depending on if i find marsh or pigs first and time lost kiting tentacles / aggro-ing some merms on the tentacles, it is 100% rain protection and your hands and head slot are free ( which is well worth it )

Archived