[Q] What happens to my save once the new update is released ?

Hello everyone,

First allow me to tell you how well-thought and addictive Don't Starve is. I have already spent countless hours on it trying to achieve the weirdest/coolest stuff (farms surrounded by flowers, berry fields, you name it). So gratz Klei :)

Like many people here, I can't wait for the newest update to be released. But still I have a question : what happens to my current game save once I download the update ? Is it erased ? Can I save the "latest" file - the one in the "remote" folder - in order to be able to play it again, or is there any other way ?

Thanks in advance, and sorry if the question has already been asked before :-|

No you are right. Your save is safe for the updates. You can just click in and continue your curent game. Althought sometimes you have to create a new world to see all the new content. For example if you have killed all your tallbirds, you cant get any eggs, and cant hatch them.

Okay, thanks a lot guys. Another question though : can one have 2 simultaneous games (for instance, my current game PLUS another game to try out the new stuff) ?

You can have multiple worlds on chrome, you have to change chrome profile,

On steam you can do it aswell but i don't know exactly how, something with steam cloud,

you should search on the forums, im pretty sure its explained somewhere