overheating prevention too easy

I am near my 3rd summer and I have not used anything to prevent overheating other than the ice cube.Not an endothermic fire or anything.I started in autumn got a fridge, got about 80 ice in it and then I got the ice cube which completely removes overheating as you wear it and you can keep repairing it with ice.I just wear the ice cube all the time and occasionally return to base to repair it with ice.I guess what I'm saying is I feel like I am missing out on all the other cool new items that were meant to help me during summer(with the overheating). Perhaps make it so so that the ice cube does not completely remove overheating or some other solution.

I am near my 3rd summer and I have not used anything to prevent overheating other than the ice cube......I started in autumn...

If you start in autumn and spend the time to collect ice, then ya, summer is going to be easy.  I've wondered at this myself honestly, if the devs intended it to be this way.  The only way summer heat is hard to deal with it seems is if you start in spring and can't find enough ice, which is a very real possiblity (at least, it is if you'd rather have a flinger than ice hat).  Even then you can deal with it well enough with thermal stone and a straw hat.  The insta-freezing is annoying though.  Ice hat is definitely much preferable to all other methods.  Though melons are good too, especially as maxwell since then they're just a garden-grown ice hat that spoils faster.

Point being, try a few spring starts and see what you think.

Well yes if you start in spring all the other things do come in useful especially if you couldn't find ice or gears for an icebox in time(all that ice melts pretty fast outside an icebox).But still this is only through your first summer, once that is over you have more than enough time to get ice and gears so it makes their use quite limited.Anyway I'm sure they will tweak the mechanics of this by the end of the beta and even if they don't this DLC is still damn awesome.

Well .. all is fine when you know what to expect... i started a game after a long break (i did not fancy any of undergroung update so... it has got boring) and i did now know what will hit me at new seasons... it hit me hard...im learning to deal with them but slowly... i'm unable to make some items now and i have to be constant aware... (all my grass field just burned dammit...) as for newcommers game is preaty challenging as it is i think.

Archived