Mac + controller?

So, I agree with the caution the game gives you when it starts up, and I'd love to use a controller to play Shank.I've got a Logitech F310 plugged into my Mac, but the game doesn't seem to see it, or give me the option to use it instead of the keyboard.Am I missing something?

• MOTD

I just checked out that gamepad online and it doesn't seem to officially support OSX drivers on the Logitec site. so I'm assuming you've got some 3rd party drivers running it?

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/support/game-gear/gamepad-f310

My best suggestion for that particular controller is to try and see if there is some updated 3rd party drivers that might detect better.

The game recognizes my PS3 controller and it lets me edit the controls but when I try to use it the controller in the game it doesn't do anything. I can pause the game and cycle up and down through the menus but I can't choose anything.

Edited by lsutigers03

• MOTD

The game recognizes my PS3 controller and it lets me edit the controls but when I try to use it the controller in the game it doesn't do anything. I can pause the game and cycle up and down through the menus but I can't choose anything.

It's difficult to support home-brew drivers for things like PS3 controllers etc. Where did you get the drivers from? Are they up to date? Feel free to post the source of the PS3 -> Mac setup you're using. We can try to take a look, but for non official OSX drivers, it's difficult to troubleshoot on our end.

I just checked out that gamepad online and it doesn't seem to officially support OSX drivers on the Logitec site. so I'm assuming you've got some 3rd party drivers running it?

Not at all. My online research showed that it worked just fine before I bought it. And, like I said earlier, I found the problem: Google Chrome.(Ask me why a browser has a gamepad API, or why it eats all of the button presses when it's running, even in the background, and I'll have no answer for you. But the game loves the controller just fine when Chrome isn't running.)