Beta Feedback (Season Suggestions)

As hillarious as it was to watch a single butterfly flit past me in the forest and suddenly burst into flames, igniting the entire forest in a massive conflageration, I don't particularly like Summer at the moment. I *fervently* believe that summer needs to be tweaked. It isn't that it is too difficult, it is that it is too frustrating and I, at least, don't enjoy the gameplay. I like the hazards of Winter and (most of) Spring, but Summer is just not fun for me.

I know it is late in the development cycle, so my suggestions will be limited to two things I think would be fairly easy to implement. Simply add the following options in world customization:

1: Toggle on/off bees becoming aggressive in Spring. (This is the one part of Spring I really don't like much.)

2: Make the overheating/spontaneous fires hazards of summer a weather type, whose frequency can be set (like rain or lightning). If you want it to default to 'always' or something (like it does now) that's fine, but havintg the option to mitigate or disable it for those of us who don't want to deal with it would be FANTASTIC.

Other than that, I am really enjoying Reign of Giants.

2: Make the overheating/spontaneous fires hazards of summer a weather type, whose frequency can be set (like rain or lightning). If you want it to default to 'always' or something (like it does now) that's fine, but havintg the option to mitigate or disable it for those of us who don't want to deal with it would be FANTASTIC.

The devs promised to do this in the upcoming update:

You can now also change the frequency of wildfires in the world customization screen.

Archived