Suggestions for Merms.

Some of this has been hit on in other threads but I feel my ideas are different enough to have their own topic. This is a series of several ideas that could be taken separately or together.

1. A Merm hat. It could be a rare drop from Merms that would act like the spider hat, greatly draining sanity of course. A little redundant but it would make my next idea more feasible. They could just crop the art from the Merm head on a stick, no new art needed.

2. When a Merm Kills a Pig it runs to the Pig's house if it is close enough and goes inside. The next time Merms would spawn, the Pig's house becomes a Merms house. This would make Merm houses renewable. It would explain why Merm houses look like Pig houses and add a little bit of an explaination to the feud of Pigs and Merms.

3. The Merms should have 1 village. It would contain the same obelisks that surround the Pig King. At the start of the game it would be empty, but if you kill the Pig King, a Merm Queen would appear. If you kill the Merm Queen the Pig king would reappear.

The Merm queen could trade hard items to get and give better returns. This makes sense to me because you would not only have to spawn the queen but also deal with hostile Merms around it. I was thinking it could accept grave digging items, nightmare fuel, and gears. In return it could give just one gem.

Possible chances might be, 30% red, 30% blue, 13% green, 13% orange, 13% yellow. I would not do purple just because they are abundant from Clockwork Bishops and can be made from the more common red and blue.

I feel these suggestions would add lots to the game and be fairly easy to implement. I would love feed back and criticism.

1. I dunno what to say about this.

2. I like this. Adds pressure to the game to constantly be having to defend Pig villages. But they should make Pig Houses require something other than pig skins, because it seems kind of counter-productive.

1. I dunno what to say about this.

2. I like this. Adds pressure to the game to constantly be having to defend Pig villages. But they should make Pig Houses require something other than pig skins, because it seems kind of counter-productive.

I am not sure you are seeing number 2 like I wrote it. You would not have to constantly defend pig villages because they are normally not near Merms. No aggro would happen That is why I suggested the Merm hat so you could lead them to pig houses if you wanted.

Now if you are suggesting a mechanic were the Merms attack the pigs by sending out raiding parties that could be kool, but it is not what I was suggesting.

Archived