Suggestion: Phoenix

Not mine eh. I still have plenty of these.

I don't have RoG, so I don't know what's in it (And I don't want to be spoiled too much!) but I have heard that each season will have its giant... So, for you phoenix, what about spawning it after a special event, like killing a summer boss or summoning it with a crafted item? It could be even more challenging and rewarding.

I actually thought of an idea a while back of creating a Phoenix Staff using Fire Staves, Redbirds, and Ashes. Basically the idea was that the staff allows you to summon a temporary phoenix that will defend you for say, 30 seconds or so by igniting enemies by pecking them or shooting fireballs at them. Once the 30 seconds are up or the phoenix is killed it would explode similar to the way a fire hound dies but with more of a kick, like gunpowder exploding, doing alot of damage to enemies (or you) who are close to it. It would also glow slightly, creating a light portable light source that would follow you around.

I also thought of making the staff rechargeable using different methods. One, which would be the most effective way to recharge it would be to use a red gem; another method I thought of would be to place it near a fire where it would slowly recharge. Another way I thought of balancing it out would be that it would raise your heat level simply by holding it or having it in your inventory, eventually reaching the point to where you would overheat and burn up and have to drop it from time to time.

It would be difficult to use during summer, but quite useful during winter. It would obviously be a fire hazard since you have a flying firebomb setting your enemies on fire and exploding on death which could hurt you or burn down your base, so it would be a 'use at your own risk' kind of item. 

I actually thought of an idea a while back of creating a Phoenix Staff using Fire Staves, Redbirds, and Ashes. Basically the idea was that the staff allows you to summon a temporary phoenix that will defend you for say, 30 seconds or so by igniting enemies by pecking them or shooting fireballs at them. Once the 30 seconds are up or the phoenix is killed it would explode similar to the way a fire hound dies but with more of a kick, like gunpowder exploding, doing alot of damage to enemies (or you) who are close to it. It would also glow slightly, creating a light portable light source that would follow you around.

I also thought of making the staff rechargeable using different methods. One, which would be the most effective way to recharge it would be to use a red gem; another method I thought of would be to place it near a fire where it would slowly recharge. Another way I thought of balancing it out would be that it would raise your heat level simply by holding it or having it in your inventory, eventually reaching the point to where you would overheat and burn up and have to drop it from time to time.

It would be difficult to use during summer, but quite useful during winter. It would obviously be a fire hazard since you have a flying firebomb setting your enemies on fire and exploding on death which could hurt you or burn down your base, so it would be a 'use at your own risk' kind of item. 

Sounds kinda cool actually, though I'd prefer a phoenix to be a non-destructive item/mob/thing. They are known for their healing abilities aftr all.

I like the idea but maybe instead of overheating which I think would be too powerfull in winter maybe make it randomly start fire like willow and drain sanity as who wouldnt go mad carrying a staff that mite spontaneously combust

Great idea, but I think they should still die(turn in ashes)in winter when it reaches a certain temp., with the added risk with those ashes falling of the birdcage, and being blown by the wind after some time, so you have to be near it(obviously, they should be called "phoenix's ashes" or something).

Archived