Woodie delay Werebeaver transformation item?

A suggestion: a one-use craftable item, made from parts that are hard to get, that can be used by Woodie to forgo a werebeaver transformation.

It could be a talisman or charm, that must be in the inventory to be used. When Woodie reaches his werebeaver threshold (either from chopping trees or the full moon), the talisman is used up, his wearebever level is reset and he does not transform. There could still be a big sanity drop from the non-transformation, so skipping a transformation isn't overpowered.

It could be a craftable, or a rare drop (or the crafting could require rare drops) you can only get while in werebeaver form, making it necessary for any player wanting to forgo the transformation to still deal with transforming sometimes.

That would allow us to plan for full moon nights untransformed, giving us access to new things like glommer without nerfing the werebeaver form.

As a player of Woodie, I really love this idea !

It's right that with all the new features during full moons, it's a bit frustrating to play with Woodie.

EDIT: to be "perfect", the item should be made of living logs considering Woodie is a lumberjack !

I would love to see something like this implemented. Woodie's werebeaver mechanic is great and all but, at later stages it just tends to become a nusiance.

I would suggest the item be a necklace that Woodie would have to wear before the full moon rose. If the player forgot or didn't manage to equip the item in time then Woodie would still transform. As you suggested as well justjasper, I think using the necklace should have some negative effects to it. Personally I think Woodie should still suffer from the negative impacts of turning into the werebeaver; a large hit to his sanity, hunger, and health.

As suggested as well, I think the items required to craft the necklace should only be acquired in such as way that would make transforming into the beaver a requirement. Maybe as log meter runs out and the werebeaver "dies" it could drop an item like "Beaver Hair" or "Beaver Teeth", that would then be used in crafting.

As suggested as well, I think the items required to craft the necklace should only be acquired in such as way that would make transforming into the beaver a requirement. Maybe as log meter runs out and the werebeaver "dies" it could drop an item like "Beaver Hair" or "Beaver Teeth", that would then be used in crafting.

I'd hate to have tons of chests full of beaver teeth for every time I do transform, as they seem like something that would pile up.

Archived