My impression of wetness

Most memorable thing about wetness for me is how your tools sometimes slip off your hand when you use it. I think this is brilliant. So the idea is that if it rains, it's harder to use your tools. Maybe wait for the rain to finish and your tools dried before using them again. Excellent addition of things to do in spring!

I did experience massive sanity loss from wetness, but it seems it was because of bug. I'm waiting for the update to clear it. I'm fine with the idea of losing sanity when wearing wet clothes/headgear but I hope it's not gonna be severe. So the idea is to take care of your gear when it rains, take them off and maybe dry them. Again, an excellent variety of thing to do in spring!

I hope drying stuff out won't be too hard though. I like having more variety of things to do in spring, but I don't want them to be so hard or tedious or very punishing because I want to still have time and energy for my own agenda.

I once confused when it snowed then my wetness meter increase, but it's said as a bug. Waiting the update to fix it.

Stuff like this makes the DLC well worth it. Keep em coming.

Yes, actually your items in your inventory stay wet as long as the ground remains wet too, but I think the items you carry (on you or in your inventory) shouldn't be affected by the ground wetness, and should progressively dry with you (or at least near a fire) if it's not raining.

Of course if an item remains on the wet ground it should still be wet, but once you put it in your inventory, there's no reason that its wetness stays linked to the ground wetness (unless you inventory is in reality under your sole, maybe).

But I think the actual ground-wetness mechanism is closer to a bug than the intended-mechanism.

Yes i think they will polish wetness into that. What would make sense the most is:

If it rains your outer inventory gets wet. The inside of your backpack not. So you should do a little management on your inventory.

If it stop raining your inventory dries up, faster if you move around or stand near fire.

Archived