Waterproof tools : high tiers items

Little idea :

Now your tools can become wet, with lost of sanity. And they could slip.

So why not have better tools, cannot be wet, cannot slip of your hand.

Maybe use some cave ressource ? A new worm skin ?

It could be usefull without be too powerful.

I like my idea better: Sticky Grips.  A consumable item that lasts for a short duration on tools/weapons and prevents slippage.  Craftable with honey and some other stuff, let's say poop.  I haven't suggested that however because there needs to be downsides to letting yourself get that wet.

ETA: And there already is a solution to tool slippage: Don't get wet.

Yes, i just suggest some thing to have more choice, more strategies, more rewards.

You can make choice to have rain coat and rain hat, or find a way to obtain waterproof tool, each with advantage and inconvenients. Not one obviously better.

Especially if make these waterproof tool is hard or requires to go in dangerous places. Having honey and manure isn't difficult. Killing a worm could be, for example.

Just a balance between risk and reward. If you need to go in cave, lost of sanity of caves are already a cost, balancing at least a little the "gain" of using a waterproof tool.

I like the idea of waterproof tools, they're really a pain. It would even be nice if the gold tools, while not being 100% waterproof, perhaps had a higher tolerance before becoming wet.

I feel like that would be a fair upgrade feature for the gold tools too.

Archived