Musicbox mod

Hello all. I want to show you my first mod. "Musicbox" simply plays music(yes!) thats on inserted record. I made it  becouse I wanted something to kill time during night, when I usually just making circles around firepit  :grin:.

Musicbox and records are separate mods so you can have one musicbox and many records with different tracks.

Great work. Just keep in mind steam is a bunch of !#^@#$@s when it comes to copyrighted material. OK actually valve themselves dont care but there are a ton of idiots who just go around reporting mods that include other peoples music. 

Just means music you include for distribution needs to be limited to instrumentals for the most part. If you use anything with vocals dont use the official soundtrack but use vocals from someone on youtube.

Lastly,  soundcloud.com.  Lot of people there publish free to use music. Also googling for 'creative commons' music will find a bunch of things you can use. Even reddit has http://www.reddit.com/r/gameassets subforum for free resources to use in games. Mostly art but people post links to music they've made too (which is normally put on soundcloud)

Great work. Just keep in mind steam is a bunch of !#^@#$@s when it comes to copyrighted material. OK actually valve themselves dont care but there are a ton of idiots who just go around reporting mods that include other peoples music. 

Just means music you include for distribution needs to be limited to instrumentals for the most part. If you use anything with vocals dont use the official soundtrack but use vocals from someone on youtube.

Lastly,  soundcloud.com.  Lot of people there publish free to use music. Also googling for 'creative commons' music will find a bunch of things you can use. Even reddit has http://www.reddit.com/r/gameassets subforum for free resources to use in games. Mostly art but people post links to music they've made too (which is normally put on soundcloud)

Yes im aware of that. Im going to cut that tracks a bit and edit it to sound like from old phonograph. And i wont post track list, just title of record. Maybe you could suggest me one track  @seronis? :-)

I think Klei itself did something like this a while ago, so I guess you have their support in a way. Mine too.

And if you add anything from WoG or Little inferno, (basically anything by Kyle Gabler) I will... Herm... I dunno. Give you rep for every one of your posts on this topic? I dunno. I just like the atmosphere of that music. I actually bought Little Inferno just to give money to the writer/musician of the game. I bought WoG because it was cool.

In your tutorial there are some files that aren't in the template and when I just ignored it and made my mod, it crashes every time. Here's the error message

That files are compiled when game is starting. As I explained game can crash one or two times when activating completly new disc. Just try few times and see if it works. If not write to me.

That files are compiled when game is starting. As I explained game can crash one or two times when activating completly new disc. Just try few times and see if it works. If not write to me.

Well I tried around 5-7 times with/without the jukebox I still get this:ycl1.png And when I click exit game, I recieve this:3a6k.png

Archived