Creating animation .bin files

Wight

Hello,

I would like to create a custom animation for my pipe mod. I can use the TEXCreator tool to convert .png's and the BuildRenamer to rename build.bin files but I do not understand how to produce anim.bin files. Aty this point I am only able to replace the art of prefabs already in the game by creating art and positioning it based on prefabs.

I assume the anim.bin files are somehow exported from spriter. If anyone could shed some light on this process it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Hello,

I would like to create a custom animation for my pipe mod. I can use the TEXCreator tool to convert .png's and the BuildRenamer to rename build.bin files but I do not understand how to produce anim.bin files. Aty this point I am only able to replace the art of prefabs already in the game by creating art and positioning it based on prefabs.

I assume the anim.bin files are somehow exported from spriter. If anyone could shed some light on this process it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

I'm not sure you can - or there aren't any tutorials (either one).Anyways, maybe you could try the beefalo horn animation? That looks like smoking enough.

You can create custom animations for an entirely custom creature, structure, etc.
What you cannot do right now, is expand the existing animation sets.

Unfortunately, what you want to do is expand the existing character animation set. So you'll have to wait until the tools are updated to allow that.

Thank you Mr. Tiddles, I had tried putting my pipe in for the horn graphic at one point but was hoping to create something more unique. 

This makes sense why I haven't been able to find any information on what I now know is expanding the animation set. Thanks again TheDanaAddams for answering my question. 

The ZIP archives found in the game data are not meant to be edited. Animations are created in Spriter, and saved as SCML projects. The autocompiler is a program that comes with the Don't Starve Mod Tools (Downloadable from Steam), which compiles SCML projects into the ZIPs usable by the game. The autocompiler runs whenever the game starts, once you have installed the Mod Tools (Which include Spriter). It will compile any SCML files found in 'dont_starve/mods/yourmod/exported', and will also compile any PNG files found in 'dont_starve/mods/yourmod/images' or 'dont_starve/mods/yourmod/bigportraits' into pairs of TEX and XML files (usable by the game).

Some of the source animations can be decompiled by these tools, but only if all three files ('anim.bin', 'build.bin', and 'atlas-0.tex') are present. A few of the source animations are also provided by Klei, here.

EDIT: Note that Spriter projects use PNG files for assets.

Archived