[Custom Character] Zim the Invader

kdaesung

Hello all!

I'm new to these forums and to this game in general. I just bought this game two weeks agao and I've already logged in 38 hours! I was playing while my daughter was watching Invader Zim and I realized that I must make a mod so we could play as him.

This is my first mod for the game, but will definately not be my last. I'm still working on him though. Any ideas or comments would be greatly appreciated. In the future I'll be adding in custom dialogue and some new craftable items. I'm not super fluent with LUA, so any pointers would be a great help. Next I'm hoping to add Gir as a companion that collects items for you, but will possible eat some of them if you cannot get to them fast enough. If you know how to script some of that then totally PM me.

Downloads are as follows:

Klei Forums

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/files/file/454-zim-the-invader/

Steam Workshop

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=219777801

Feel free to add feedback if you like. Thanks a bunch and have fun with Zim. He's a different play style. He's pretty fast, has a large stomach, low sanity(10 O.O), and can pack a punch.

He looks great! In my opinion I wouldn't use him because his stats are pretty Op, he shouldn't be strong at all he should have lowered attack damage he's a frail alien after all, he should have to eat just as much as everyone else to. These things make it incredibly easy to stay alive and also increased movement speed makes it even EASIER to fight enemies. Also, an idea is to make Chester look like Gir! Fix the balance of him and he'll be awesome! Keep up the good work.

Yeah, his stats are place holder, i will definately be tweaking them. I put his strength and movement high because of items i'm working on for him to be able to craft. His backpack will make him move fast, probably at the speed we see him at now, and combat gloves will increase his strength to what it is now. I wanted to give everyone a taste of what he will be eventually. I'm going to be toning him down though. Here is a placeholder for what his backpack is going to look like. I just need to get it into spriter and animate it.

zimspider_zpsd90bdc82.png

I installed this mod and played one game with him, after i died i got off and took a break. When i got back on, i decided to make a new game. So i clicked characters and tried scrolling over to zim, and before it even shows his picture it crashes. Would you have any idea why it would be doing this? i have tried uninstalling the game and the mod. i even tried the steam version and this one. every time it crashes when trying to select him :[

I installed this mod and played one game with him, after i died i got off and took a break. When i got back on, i decided to make a new game. So i clicked characters and tried scrolling over to zim, and before it even shows his picture it crashes. Would you have any idea why it would be doing this? i have tried uninstalling the game and the mod. i even tried the steam version and this one. every time it crashes when trying to select him :[

maybe it's just something that happens to you because it didn't happen to me

maybe it's just something that happens to you because it didn't happen to me

yea i have tried just about everything. and it sucks cause this mod is why i got back into the game. and now im bored again. haha. oh well. guess ill just wait for future updates.

Archived