Transfer my save from non-steam version to steam version?

Tobast

That last reply is mostly right.

<your path before the steam folder, often ends in the Program files or Program files (x86) Folder>steam/userdata/{your Steam unique ID}/219740/remote

is the full and correct path

You can use this site along with your Community URL or profile ID to find your unique Steam ID. 

Save files are seen as "Survival" "Adventure" "Caves" or Ruins" with the save slot number it is linked to. So Survival 2 or Ruins 4 for example.  

Also, if you have questions on save files, you can go here since Klei doesn't list anything under their support center

Thanks, that's helpful.

I tried moving my older save files in, and when I do the files appear as a 'Survival 1-1' file. Maybe it's an older version or something.

I was only on Day 24, but I had a good thing going!

Thanks, that's helpful. I tried moving my older save files in, and when I do the files appear as a 'Survival 1-1' file. Maybe it's an older version or something. I was only on Day 24, but I had a good thing going!

To make the transfer games work, you have to create a new save of that type and overwrite it sometimes.

No matter what, it will show up as the "old" save or a "brand new" save until the save game is loaded. Then all "revers to normal as you last saved that game." 

I think I figured this out, and ruined it by accident.

The 1-24 Survival file I wanted showed up eventually, but started as a new game on Day 1. This seems to have overwritten that game completely, and I 'moved' the file, so no original!

Thanks, you were very helpful. I just hope I can find Chester as quick a I did in that last game!

I think I figured this out, and ruined it by accident. The 1-24 Survival file I wanted showed up eventually, but started as a new game on Day 1. This seems to have overwritten that game completely, and I 'moved' the file, so no original! Thanks, you were very helpful. I just hope I can find Chester as quick a I did in that last game!

You're quite welcome! 

Regarding "overwriting and proper day/world count":

(While if you look at my post history, you would know my stance on "save scrumming," but in this transfer situation, you should keep a backup of the files until it loads correctly.)

Even if you copy and paste it correctly, it WILL LIST Day 1 UNTIL you load said game. Only then AFTER it is loaded and you save and Quit again (and sometimes exit Don't Starve and Reload it) will it list the appropriate day count. Sometimes it never lists the right count but the game itself loads properly (with the acquired inventory, proper day count even if not listing the "proper world number") but don't mess around with the save game unless you back it up or you might corrupt/lose it as noted. 

if you still have the original saves from Standalone, you can repeat the process again though. 

Archived