I love the game and it's been a blast so far but it's getting boring in the end game so I can't wait for future updates and see what you've come up with! Here are some suggestions which I'm sure some have already been mentioned, but here goes:

Hide UI Functionality

I would be more immersed in the game (and see more of the surrounding area) if there was a way to hide the building menu bar on the left and the lower inventory bar with a simple push of a button.

Custom Keyboard Settings

Not that important, but this would be useful for players that like to play with their own setup and change the keyboard buttons and what they do. Maybe even custom Mouse settings?

Breakdown Machine

Occasionally I have built Cut Stone, Boards and Rope and then suddenly have a need for Rocks, Logs or Grass so if there was a machine that would break down these things back to their original form (maybe lose -1 material, so you only get 2 Rocks back from a Cut Stone etc.) - that would be pretty convenient.

Giant Evergreen Boss

Make them drop something unique! After an epic battle with it I only got some logs which wasn't worth the fight, honestly. If they'd drop an amulet or a Logsuit or a special weapon, it would be much more worth it going after them and searching them.

Rock Golem

Similar to Giant Evergreens, maybe some Rocks could spawn a Giant Rock Golem that's even harder to kill and it would drop lots of rocks & gold nuggets.

More Hounds!

I'm at day 70+ and I rarely get more than 4-5 hounds and they're easy to kill, since they come 1 by 1. Maybe if more of them spawned the further you got in the game, that would make surviving their attacks a priority.

Larger World

9-12 islands is not enough to satisfy the need to explore and find new areas.

Hide UI Functionality

I would be more immersed in the game (and see more of the surrounding area) if there was a way to hide the building menu bar on the left and the lower inventory bar with a simple push of a button.

This has been mentioned before, as Klei works to minimize screen clutter. This is especially true after their re-organized the inventory slots (which previously expanded). For me the only issue I have is with the invention menu, which remain open longer than I need. I would like it if, by clicking on another section of the screen, it collapsed/minimize it. Your suggestion is a popular one, and I can't see a reason to object to it, so maybe they will allow for it.

Custom Keyboard Settings

Not that important, but this would be useful for players that like to play with their own setup and change the keyboard buttons and what they do. Maybe even custom Mouse settings?

Why not?

Breakdown Machine

Occasionally I have built Cut Stone, Boards and Rope and then suddenly have a need for Rocks, Logs or Grass so if there was a machine that would break down these things back to their original form (maybe lose -1 material, so you only get 2 Rocks back from a Cut Stone etc.) - that would be pretty convenient.

Hmmm. Well we have the hammer already, which breaks down placed objects (i.e. pig house, science machine, chests, ect), so rather than construct a new machine why not let the hammer perform this action? In fact, the hammer really should be able to break down ANY item in your inventory, like the log suit, to recover some of your invested resources (or just to get rid of it).

My suggestion however is you may want to maybe not craft wooden boards or stone blocks until you need them. Although I have heard from Kevin that new players often have the temptation to craft these even before they needed them.

Giant Evergreen Boss

Make them drop something unique! After an epic battle with it I only got some logs which wasn't worth the fight, honestly. If they'd drop an amulet or a Logsuit or a special weapon, it would be much more worth it going after them and searching them.

But we already have treeguards... I would hope that if Klei were to add more monsters that they would go with new unique ones rather than adding "Mega" in front of an existing monster and just making it larger and more powerful. I mean, have you seen the tallbirds? Those are the strange types of never before seen creatures I want to see more of in the future.

Rock Golem

Similar to Giant Evergreens, maybe some Rocks could spawn a Giant Rock Golem that's even harder to kill and it would drop lots of rocks & gold nuggets.

You may be surprised, but this has been mentioned more than once, so there are others who agree with you. That said, as I noted above a stone/rock golem wouldn't be all that original. Also, if it behaves like the treeguard, only for boulders, then the AI would be just too similar and predictable.

More Hounds!

I'm at day 70+ and I rarely get more than 4-5 hounds and they're easy to kill, since they come 1 by 1. Maybe if more of them spawned the further you got in the game, that would make surviving their attacks a priority.

I'm sure that has been considered, but it's good to have members bring it up. Another suggestion has been to give the hounds their own territory/island and if the player wanders into that area the hounds will attack them. In some cases more often than normal and during the day (as most attacks occur/start at sunset).

Larger World

9-12 islands is not enough to satisfy the need to explore and find new areas.

Yes, this has been mentioned. The size of the world as it is right now was a conscious decision by Klei. The reason? There is only so much content to go around right now and they didn't want to just cut 'n paste the same things over and over again, just to create a larger area. Don't worry. Once they have released more new content they will expand the overall world size to accomodate it.

Not only that, but it's been hinted that you will progress through the game's "plot" via portals that will take you to new (more dangerous) worlds. These trips will be one-way so you need to pack carefully before using the portal.