After Ten Tries And Ten Days (Thoughts)

Vulturas

Well, seeing that people like to do this, I will give it a shot. Rambling words in 3, 2, 1...I've died several times in this game (most due to spiders, curse 'em), and managed to get a personal best of ten days, alongside a functional camp, I think this game works pretty well considering the stage in which the game is. The animation quality is great, but I don't know if it's a beta thing or not, but the beefalos (or how you call them) are a bit better animated than the other counterparts (pigmen or spiders, or even the main character), nothing against that, mostly because their image fits very well with the desert/savannah zone they are. Continuing...The crafting system is very well set-up, but I do have a problem every time I look at it... I know this is a game and it mixes magic and science, but I have yet to figure out, how does the science machine works. Put item in, get points. At least it should've been some sort of table or something similar. This one strikes an odd chord whenever I put something in it, mostly looking at it and saying to myself "what does it do with the item...".Continuing, the interface is pretty well made, and quite intuitive, and the idea of the game pretty much offers a small view of the point and click (excepting the combination from the inventory window, and weird complex puzzles that are probably made by people high on something).Another thing in this game is that I never felt cheated when I died, if I died, I always had a reason, I whacked on a tier 3 spider den-mabob, heck, I deserve to die under a swarm of spiders, I forget to make a fire or lack the items because I wanted to make a fast science-machine-thing, okay, my APM couldn't help me kill the spiders well enough... you get it. When you die, you're at fault.Now onto the small things.You'd think than when you rightclick an equipped item it would end in your inventory... it actually drops, and I found that out when I wanted to change my torch to an axe, and when to fire up a spider lair, I had it no more. I was just saying.Maxwell, or how you call him, why not offer some more references to him, randomly in the game? Give it a story, or something. You don't even have a reason why to live if I'm honest, nothing beside the reason "to live". Is there any other reason? Revenge? Something?Welp, these are my points. Dunno if you liked them, but carrion.

You'd think than when you rightclick an equipped item it would end in your inventory... it actually drops [...]

It is a little confusing, because you right click to equip it, so one would expect to do the same to un-equip. But consider this:

If you want to switch quickly between two tools, you should right-click on the one you have in your inventory. This will swap that tool with the equipped one, and you'll drop nothing.

I've even found a bug where, in the middle of the night, I would switch between a tool and a torch so quickly that the torch wouldn't burn a single percentage point of it's duration, and I survived the whole night with my last torch without dying. It was kinda "disco" having the light go on and off constantly, and I swear I saw a couple of spiders with seizures after that, but it worked.