[WIP] Wilson's Sleeping Swords

Rosten

So, here's my idea for this mod, (im working on it as you read ^_^)

It will add two different swords to the game, which are pretty much polar opposites

the first one, is known as

Scary Sword*

Recipe - 5 Nightmarefuel, 4 living logs, 1 purple amulet*

Your damage goes up as your sanity goes down, but at a static rate, like this,

Sanity > 100 then damage = 51*

Sanity > 50 then damage = 60*

Sanity < 50 then damage = 68*

Next, we have the...

Dreamy Sword*

Recipe - ???*

Your damage goes up as your sanity goes up, but instead of statically, dynamically!

Basically, the formula is something like :

PlayerSanity * 0.45 = damage

12% Completed                                       

X - Completed 0 - Working on Z - Need Help  Y - Planned, But not working on atm.

-----------------------------------

X - Dreamy sword coding

0 - Dreamy sword recipe 

0 - Dreamy sword balancing

Z - Dreamy Sword Art

-

Z0 - Scary sword coding

0 - Scary sword recipe

Y - Scary sword balancing

Z - Scary sword art

Make sure to keep your sanity high ;)

(might have to up the damage percentage to make it more worthwile later..)

Well, I need some help...

See, I found the developer's graveyard set piece when I made the world to be my kiting arena. I was stunned to find the graveyard when I generated this world. It is a clean and beautiful place for me to test in. All the setting are to none with all summer, all day. I love this map. So that will forever be my testing world out of tribute to the developers (whose headstones I paved over to make my arena xD)

Thing is, Maxwell is a very dapper chap and that makes testing this a little difficult. Could you help me, help you, help you help us all by making me a amulet that has unlimited use, -20minSanity? That way I can combat Maxwell's cheery ways for some more controlled tests.

Well, I need some help...

See, I found the developer's graveyard set piece when I made the world to be my kiting arena. I was stunned to find the graveyard when I generated this world. It is a clean and beautiful place for me to test in. All the setting are to none with all summer, all day. I love this map. So that will forever be my testing world out of tribute to the developers (whose headstones I paved over to make my arena xD)

Thing is, Maxwell is a very dapper chap and that makes testing this a little difficult. Could you help me, help you, help you help us all by making me a amulet that has unlimited use, -20minSanity? That way I can combat Maxwell's cheery ways for some more controlled tests.

I guess real quickly i could make a tiny mod that tweaks the nightmare suits stats to give 0 defense and -20 sanity and infinite uses

I guess real quickly i could make a tiny mod that tweaks the nightmare suits stats to give 0 defense and -20 sanity and infinite uses

Could you do an amulet? I have the backpack and amulet mod. I can just pop the draining amulet in it's slot and still choose my armor for the tests.

THIS IS FOR SCIENCE!

Could you do an amulet? I have the backpack and amulet mod. I can just pop the draining amulet in it's slot and still choose my armor for the tests.

THIS IS FOR SCIENCE!

Alright, working on it

The mod keeps crashing on start-up. No crash log. Doesn't crash the game. The mod simply doesn't load.

Hmm? it was working fine for me?... hold on

Try force enabling it while im working on the amulet

I found the problem. In modinfo.lua you have:

description = "Adds 2 different "Sleeping Swords" to the game"

The extra quotes around "Sleeping Swords" was causing the crash.

Oh, so we're not allowed to use quotation marks in descriptions? didn't know that, ill make a note of it, thanks

Well the swords works, and I've been testing it and I gotta ask, were you going for OP damage, 5 hits on a pigman at max sanity?

I had the values tuned mostly for wilson, so maxwell kind of breaks it, i need to find a way for it to have certain values for different characters

(Doh, i tuned the values thinking wilson had 150 max sanity Fail)

I had the values tuned mostly for wilson, so maxwell kind of breaks it, i need to find a way for it to have certain values for different characters

(Doh, i tuned the values thinking wilson had 150 max sanity Fail)

That explains it. Even when I was down to 100 sanity, half of Maxwell's max, I killed a krampus in 4 swings. xD

Oh, so we're not allowed to use quotation marks in descriptions? didn't know that, ill make a note of it, thanks

To make quotation marks be interpreted as literal signs you should add a backspace before them, like

description = "Adds 2 different \"Sleeping Swords\" to the game"

That explains it. Even when I was down to 100 sanity, half of Maxwell's max, I killed a krampus in 4 swings. xD

It'll probably end up being a pretty strong sword, like, post-nightmare sword, i imagine the scary sword will be a bit stronger then the dreamy sword though, but the recipe will compensate for the strongess

I gotta say, I'm not feeling it.

It goes as strong as the niight sword when at full sanity. Why would you pay the extra materals for the dreamy sword?

So in order to fix that would be to make it stronger. But then you start entering the realm of too much damage and taking away from the game.

I'm thinking that once you start giving swords gems to offset their power with cost, you've made too strong of a sword.

Archived