[Mod Request] Road Salt/Sunny Roads

Ortorin

So I have two different ideas for roads during the winter. The first is the Road Salt. Crafted with niter and rocks, this is deployed using the tile deploy tool. Used on cobblestone roads, the snow on that title melts.

Sunny Roads is the idea that after X amount of time the cobblestone roads are exposed to sunlight, the snow on that tile melts. I'm thinking something like 12 minutes so it will take two days after a snow storm for the snow to melt.

Whatcha think?

Don't summon a modder to implement a request. Please.

I was wondering if you knew of a way to melt the snow on a specific tile. You seem to be the most knowledgeable modder on these forums, so I just wanted to pick your brain. Other than sharing if you know of a way or not, I am asking nothing else of you.

I was wondering if you knew of a way to melt the snow on a specific tile. You seem to be the most knowledgeable modder on these forums, so I just wanted to pick your brain. Other than sharing if you know of a way or not, I am asking nothing else of you.

I don't believe there's a way, no. The snow cover is applied over the whole ground, with no differentiation, by an engine subsystem. In prefabs/forest.lua (the world entity for anywhere but caves), the overlay texture is specified

inst.Map:SetOverlayTexture( "levels/textures/snow.tex" )
and then the SeasonManager component just adjusts its global intensity based on the calculated snow level

GetWorld().Map:SetOverlayLerp( self.ground_snow_level * 3)

I don't believe there's a way, no. The snow cover is applied over the whole ground, with no differentiation, by an engine subsystem. In prefabs/forest.lua (the world entity for anywhere but caves), the overlay texture is specified

inst.Map:SetOverlayTexture( "levels/textures/snow.tex" )
and then the SeasonManager component just adjusts its global intensity based on the calculated snow level

GetWorld().Map:SetOverlayLerp( self.ground_snow_level * 3)

Well it was worth a thought. Thanks.

Archived