How do I fix this error?

I've recently been work'n on making an equip-able item for a new character. So, I've been following this tut: http://forums.kleientertainment.com/index.php?/topic/29427-tutorial-creating-a-handslot-equippable-item-from-scratch/

And right around "part 2" of this tut I go test my item to see if it's work'n and it crashes. Not sure why, but here's what I think to be the important part of the log.  THANKS! :)

scripts/mods.lua(290,1) unloading prefabs for mod MOD_Flintlock Pistol (All That's Maxwell)

scripts/mods.lua(290,1) unloading prefabs for mod MOD_Zulu The Hunter(All That's Maxwell)

Collecting garbage...

lua_gc took 0.03 seconds

~SimLuaProxy()

lua_close took 0.02 seconds

Orphaned unnamed resource. This resource must have used Add( resource ) to insert itself into the manager. 

Orphaned unnamed resource. This resource must have used Add( resource ) to insert itself into the manager. 

HttpClient::ClientThread::Main() complete

Shutting down

Sorry bout the log, but here's the dropbox:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ax4eugcmtbj8d90/_XqTz4vboL

Have you already tried commenting out the loading of assets that don't exist like *cough* proposed in the tutorial *cough*  ?

Also the folder should be called prefabS.

When you follow a tutorial you should read really closely and check everything twice  : P

Okay, I deleted the directed lines in the pistol.lua and the when I go to test it, I still get problems:

I pressed `, opening the command thing, typed in DebugSpawn ("pistol") and Wilson's inventory disappears completely...

DropBox: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ax4eugcmtbj8d90/_XqTz4vboL

When I say "comment out lines x-y" then I mean "comment out", not delete. And you should of course keep in mind that if you deviate from the file I posted in the tutorial that line numbers don't match up, you deleted crucial parts of the file. So I would suggest redoing the stuff and not deviating from the tutorial which is basically a standard strategy for following tutorials  : P

@Malacath

Um, sorry, one more issue: I followed the tutorial to the very end, however My pistol is invisible while in hand.   :(

DropBox: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ax4eugcmtbj8d90/_XqTz4vboL

Wrong structure. Your swap_pistol.scml should be in a folder containg the folder called "swap_pistol" which contains the image. The scml shouldn't be in the same folder as the image.

DS still crashes, stating that "Could not find an asset matching anim/swap_pistol.zip in any of the search paths.", Why's it say this?

You also don't have a pistol.tex and no pistol.zip so I guess you don't have the mod tools installed?

I have the tools installed. I was never instructed to make a tex or zip for the pistol, although I did see the textool referenced in the end of part 2.  

:/     What do I do?

I'm not talking about TEX-Tools by Matt I'm talking about Don't Starve Mod Tools by Klei and let me quote myself here.

To successfuly finish this tutorial you will need:

-the "Don't Starve Mod Tools" which you can download from Steam

See, no TEX-Tools  : P

It seems like it's actually breaking building the waverly mod and not his mod.

If you refer to the screenshot in my post then that was just an old screen I had lying around to see if a cmd window pops up for him. Sorry for the confusing  : /

...So the pistol not show'n up in Wilson's hand, how do I fix that?

Patience...

You did two things wrong:

-you apparently deleted files from a folder so that the scml referenced missing files (I didn't have a problem with this anymore but it seemed in this case it wouldn't work) so I rebuilt your file

-you didn't correctly copy the following line

owner.AnimState:OverrideSymbol("swap_object", "swap_pistol", "swap_pistol")

Here's the fixed mod for reference.

The thing is tiny though so you should consider scaling up the image (not in Spriter, that won't do a damn thing)

pistol.zip

Archived