[WIP] Treasure seeking mod

Hey everyone,

So I've had an idea for a mod. Everyone likes their loot, right? So I've been going about creating a system that will create items with random special properties a la Diablo / Borderlands.

Currently I have three classes of items: common (which have one random enhancement), uncommon (which have one random enhancement and one random special ability on it) and rare (which have one random enhancement with double the usual effect, and two different random special abilities on it).

Weapon / tool enhancements:

"Jagged" -- Greatly increased damage, reduced durability
    "Sturdy" -- Small increase in damage, small increase in durability
    "Durable" -- Increased durability
    "Sharpened" -- Increased damage
    "Stout" -- Greatly increased durability, reduced damage
    "Cheerful" -- Passive sanity gain    
    "Unspeakably Evil" -- Passive sanity drain, all creatures will become hostile towards you.
    "Hefty" -- Reduced attack speed, increased damage

Weapon / tool special abilities:

"Vampiric Feasting" -- Life leech on hit
    "Soul Reaping" -- Slain monsters have a small chance of dropping a nightmare fuel
    "Fiery Doom" -- Chance ton hit o ignite target
    "Icy Imprisonment" -- Chance on hit to freeze target
    "Howling Horrors" -- Chance on hit for all nearby (non-boss) targets to flee
    "Radiant Triumph, -- Restores a small portion of health, hunger and sanity after defeating a monster
    "Famine's Withering" -- Drains hunger on hit, and the target hits suffers a cumulative damage debuff
    "Storm Calling" -- Lightning occasionally strikes nearby enemies while attacking

Armor enhancements:

"Cozy" -- Adds insulation
    "Fireproof" -- Player is immune to fire damage
    "Reinforced" -- Increases damage reduction
    "Toughened" -- Increased durability
    "Nimble" -- Increased walk speed
    "Brightly Glowing" -- Glows in the dark
    "Joyful" -- Passive sanity gain
    "Exceptional" -- Increased damage reduction, increased durability
    "Titanic" -- Increased max health for the wearer
    "Heavy" -- Decreased walk speed, increased damage reduction
    "Sanity Shattering" -- Sanity is zero while worn
    "Badly Battered" -- Reduced durability, reduced armor protection

Armor special abilities:

"the Surefooted" -- Instant hit recovery
    "the Troll King" -- Passively converts hunger into health
    "the Ancient One" -- Chance to summon a ghost to help you when hit
    "Druidic Wilding" -- Plants grow faster around you, and there's a small chance a mandrake will visit you at night
    "Spiny Thorns" -- Damage is dealt to attackers
    "Dark Mending" -- Passively converts sanity into health
    "Burning Wrath" -- Chance to ignite enemies when hit
    "the Frozen Wastes" -- Chance to freeze enemies when hit
    "the Undying One" -- Passive health regeneration. If you die, you will be resurrected.
    "Many Pockets" -- Acts like a backpack

Where these items can be found:
These items have a chance to be found in chests in the game world, and can be dropped by slain monsters. Whenever you kill a medium sized, or larger, ordinary mob they will have a low chance of dropping a common item. Treeguards and McTusk will always drop a common magic item, and have a good chance of dropping an uncommon magic item instead. Boss mobs will always drop an uncommon magic items and have a low chance of dropping a rare magic item instead.

Any suggestions on these ideas are welcome :-)

@Heavenfall was working on something similar. I believe he abandoned the idea by lack of time, though. Nevertheless, maybe he'd be interested in collaborating with you, or providing you with the code he had.

I think RPG Items is finished. Though it has some similarities with this mod with the random enchantments it is missing the RPG'ish element of item drops. So fusing the two mods sounds like a good idea.

I think RPG Items is finished. Though it has some similarities with this mod with the random enchantments it is missing the RPG'ish element of item drops. So fusing the two mods sounds like a good idea.

I hadn't realised the mod had moved forward, thanks for pointing it out.

Archived