[WIP character idea] Insainson (temp. name)

Ortorin

I've been thinking for about 20 mins on a character that changes dramatically with sanity levels. This character also has a favorite plushie that is like Abigail. (summoning mechanics have not been considered yet)

So here's the basic idea of what happens at different sanity levels

High Sanity: 
Faster metabolism, higher health
Plushie is medium damage melee attacker with medium health
night-time sanity loss is doubled,
Sanity gains are 1/2

Mid Sanity: 
middle road stats, slight speed and damage boost,
Plushie is tank (melee attack does low damage, but has high health), 
sanity decreases during the night and increases during the day at same rate
all sanity changes are 2x

Low Sanity:
Slower hunger, lower health, 
Plushie is high damage ranged attacker with low health and kiting mechanic, 
sanity increases during the day at double night loss speed,
sanity doesn't decrease at night
sanity reductions are 1/2

I haven't gotten much further in design than this. I just wanted to throw this idea out there and see what you good ladies and gentleman thought of it. Please share any ideas or critiques you may have.

"sanity increases during the day at double night loss speed"

This pretty much gaurentees the character will never stay insane very long. Is that desirable?

It's all on how you play the character. If there is one form you like more than the other, you have to WORK at it to keep that form. On top of that, it would be possible to switch on demand if the right items were prepared before hand. There is also the inherent threat of switching when you don't want to, causing more problems for the character if unprepared.

But does this idea seem viable? Balanced, codeable, fun to play?

I've been thinking for about 20 mins on a character that changes dramatically with sanity levels. This character also has a favorite plushie that is like Abigail. (summoning mechanics have not been considered yet)

So here's the basic idea of what happens at different sanity levels

High Sanity: 
Faster metabolism, higher health
Plushie is medium damage melee attacker with medium health
night-time sanity loss is doubled,
Sanity gains are 1/2

Mid Sanity: 
middle road stats, slight speed and damage boost,
Plushie is tank (melee attack does low damage, but has high health), 
sanity decreases during the night and increases during the day at same rate
all sanity changes are 2x

Low Sanity:
Slower hunger, lower health, 
Plushie is high damage ranged attacker with low health and kiting mechanic, 
sanity increases during the day at double night loss speed,
sanity doesn't decrease at night
sanity reductions are 1/2

I haven't gotten much further in design than this. I just wanted to throw this idea out there and see what you good ladies and gentleman thought of it. Please share any ideas or critiques you may have.

I can probably do this, Do you have a thought of how he/she would look?, and i dont understand your plushie idea, Care to explain further? Add me on steam:luaissuchfun/delirious

I can probably do this, Do you have a thought of how he/she would look?, and i dont understand your plushie idea, Care to explain further? Add me on steam:luaissuchfun/delirious

Really? Sweet!

I'm going to work on a better explanation of what I am thinking tomorrow morning. Hopefully I'll have something posted up before I leave for work.

Oh, I will explain one thing, the plushie is just like Abigail. It is this character's special item that you summon through >some< ritual, and then it follows you around and kills stuff for ya.

N-e-who, like I said, I'll have something more detailed up later.

Archived