'Drop' modifier key.

Yet another small, basic, but useful improvement idea:

When I come back from digging or mining or whatever I often have my toolbelt, backpack, and Chester to unload. I also don't often use chests because they're mostly unnecessary (except for animals and stopping poop from buzzing.) The unloading process involves a lot of click-mousemove-click-mousemove, repeat. It is tedious and somewhat annoying.

I would like a key to be dedicated to modifying the mouse-click to just drop stuff directly onto the ground in a certain radius. If the ground is full, you could either incrementally increase the radius or have Wilson say he can't do it and make the player move. Either way it would be handy.

I used to drop stuff on the ground too.  Chests seemed like a waste of boards in the early game.  Then one day I came home from an excursion and a lureplant was munching on all my stuff.  Some of it was gone for good.  Now everything goes in a chest.

Sorry, I didn't actually address your request.  I too think that transferring many items is painfully clicky-clicky but I don't really think anything needs to be changed.  It's just how the game mechanics work and I agree with simplex that a mod would be the way to go for this.

Archived