Hound type spawning question

I was wondering how do hounds spawn? By which I mean, how do hounds spawn, are they on a countdown timer? I ask, because I want to create an event that occurs every new moon, and includes a random spawning of several entities. I was wondering if it was possible and how does one go about doing it?

I was wondering how do hounds spawn? By which I mean, how do hounds spawn, are they on a countdown timer? I ask, because I want to create an event that occurs every new moon, and includes a random spawning of several entities. I was wondering if it was possible and how does one go about doing it?

check out hounded.lua that should show you a few things about the spawning

check out hounded.lua that should show you a few things about the spawning

It think I understand how the hounds are brought into the game, but is it possible to make it happen every eight days at sunset. From what I understand is that, the code is telling it to spawn them after a certain amount of time from the last attack with some random aspects, correct?

It think I understand how the hounds are brought into the game, but is it possible to make it happen every eight days at sunset. From what I understand is that, the code is telling it to spawn them after a certain amount of time from the last attack with some random aspects, correct?

well actually there are very few random aspects until you get to the escalation part

self.timetoattack = 200
self.warnduration = 30

that's the part for the timing, there may be an "inst." for the full moon so guesswork may not be needed

inst.fullmoon (notsure if actualname)
self.waverelease

something like that, bear in mind I dont mod all that well, I am better with bug reports and log.txt's

SO would the best way to handle it do a prefab in the style of Hounds where multiple entities are under one file? ANd also, if I want to call it something like haunted should the instances of  Hounded be changed to Haunted?

yes, it won't be easy though as theres a lot to manage

Ok, so the entity is called 2spooky, 3spooky etc, so should the hound attack be changed to something like spooky? Or is the hound in most of the code names of events in other files that set it up to be a hound attack?

I mean like 

function Haunted:SpawnModeEscalating()
self.spawnmode = "escalating"
self:PlanNextHoundAttack()
end

Archived