How to Switch Characters on a Save File.

Stealthic

I've noticed a few people talk about this and ask if it was possible, so I decided to make this thread to show you how!

rw2cmd.jpg

Step 1: Save game.

Step 2: Go to the folder where your save games are located. Copy save game file, (Survival_1 if in the first slot), and put it in a different folder.

Step 3: Go back in game and delete the game file.

Step 4: Start up a new game, (in the same slot), with the character that you want and then save after Maxwell's speech.

Step 5: Now the orginal "Survival_1" has been replaced with the save file you just made. Go to the folder you put the backup save in.

Step 6: Take that save and put it back in the original folder, overwriting your new one. 

Step 7: Load your game and you're that character!

WARNING: If you don't do one of these steps right, you can potentially lose your file. Make an extra back up of your save just in case!

16jhco4.jpg

I used Wren to show you guys that you can do this with modded characters and original.

Have fun!

Very cool! Maybe this could even be made into a mod. With a click of a button, you could get a box containing all of your current characters, and choose between them. I'm not sure if that is doable or not, but it would be quite the mod.

Very cool! Maybe this could even be made into a mod. With a click of a button, you could get a box containing all of your current characters, and choose between them. I'm not sure if that is doable or not, but it would be quite the mod.

Well, I'm sure it could be made, but it would be very abused.  For instance, using Willow for her lighter when it turns night, switching to Woddie to chop down trees, etc. 

I just made this in case someone has unlocked a new character after having created their main save and they'd like to switch, or if they feel they've made a mistake in choosing their character. :p 

i guess that this will probably only work with very basic characters, who dont save characterspecific things, and therefore will probably make problems with characters like wendy.

also, why would u want to switch character in the middle of a game? doesnt that kinda ruin the game?^^

if u want an easier game, u can just change the worldsettings, or subscribe to mods that make the game easier in immersive ways.

imo, changing the character is really immersionbreaking...

Archived