My mod menu dont open

dhankks

You can force enable the mods. Wont be able to choose on or off in game but they will still work. Im still having trouble with ny mod menu as well but to force enable moda do this:

1.) Open dont starve installation folder (ie. Data(D:)/games/dont_starve. Yours may be in (C:))

2.)In that folder look for another folder called mods and open it

3.) In that folder look for modsettings.lua and open it in notepad

4.) You'll see the line "ForceEnableMod("apiexamples")", now you can do one of two things the easiest being to copy that and paste it below the original line with a space. For example:

--ForceEnableMod("apiexamples")

ForceEnableMod("this is where the mods name you want to use is put")

Remeber its case sensitive (i believe) and every mod you force enable has a space.like the example. Any other questions feel free.to ask and.ill try to help

• Developer

my mod menu dont open XD help please , with i try to open the mod menu have say this "don't starve : dontstarve_steam.exe - aplicative error

Could please you post a bug in the bug forum and please include your log as well as a zip containing all the mods you have installed? That'll help me look into your problem.

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/index.php?/forum/17-dont-starve-bug-tracker/

You can force enable the mods. Wont be able to choose on or off in game but they will still work. Im still having trouble with ny mod menu as well but to force enable moda do this:

1.) Open dont starve installation folder (ie. Data(D:)/games/dont_starve. Yours may be in (C:))

2.)In that folder look for another folder called mods and open it

3.) In that folder look for modsettings.lua and open it in notepad

4.) You'll see the line "ForceEnableMod("apiexamples")", now you can do one of two things the easiest being to copy that and paste it below the original line with a space. For example:

--ForceEnableMod("apiexamples")

ForceEnableMod("this is where the mods name you want to use is put")

Remeber its case sensitive (i believe) and every mod you force enable has a space.like the example. Any other questions feel free.to ask and.ill try to help

everytime i open the mod menu it opens a little window that says steam workshop and stops working. i don't know what to do. i tried doing what you said, but it didn't work either ): can you help me?

• Developer

everytime i open the mod menu it opens a little window that says steam workshop and stops working. i don't know what to do. i tried doing what you said, but it didn't work either ): can you help me?

If opening up the mod menu doesn't work, my recommendation is to create a thread in the bug forum and be sure to attach all your info such as your log file and any mods you might have already downloaded.

Archived