[Mod Idea] Custom Character Kirby

Rosten

Here's my idea for a pretty neat custom character,

Kirby (Kirby squeak squad, superstar etc.)

Perks

* Nearly infinite stomach 3000 capacity

* Gains special abilities depending on what food he eats (ex. dragonpie gives fire ability)

Cons -

* Hungry - Loses hunger at nearly 2x the speed of wilson (yes this includes sleeping)

* Easily scared - Loses sanity at 1.5x the speed of wilson

So, tell me what you think, suggestions, making note whether this would be even remotely possible

I would personally say remove the last two pros, and add the ability to eat some of the smaller monsters at the cost of health, but you gain quite a bit of hunger and their abilities.

No idea if that's actually possible, but would still be fun to eat a live hound and get its bite. :p

Also, stat changes in different forms would be a good idea, too. For example, the above hound form would give increased sanity loss to gain attack power.

Although, thinking about this, i don't know if that's actually possible in the code. Not to say you shouldn't try at least something, but don't be disappointed if it's not quite what you have in mind, especially at first.

I would personally say remove the last two pros, and add the ability to eat some of the smaller monsters at the cost of health, but you gain quite a bit of hunger and their abilities.

No idea if that's actually possible, but would still be fun to eat a live hound and get its bite. :razz:

Also, stat changes in different forms would be a good idea, too. For example, the above hound form would give increased sanity loss to gain attack power.

Although, thinking about this, i don't know if that's actually possible in the code. Not to say you shouldn't try at least something, but don't be disappointed if it's not quite what you have in mind, especially at first.

What last two pros? ;)

So here's how im thinking a logical process for making this would be 

1. Make certain objects edible for kirby and only kirby

2. Find a way to give a item/effect on eating  ex. gives a firestaff for eating a dragonfruit

3. See if theres a way to make it where, say once you eat a dragonfruit, for a certain time period then whenever you mouse-over a enemy a "Burn" tooltip comes up and if you attack kirby spits a projectile, it would be sorta like the were-beaver transformation but you'd keep your items but wouldn't be able to equip anything until you get rid of the effect by eating a different food or the timer ran out

You edited the list, you sneaky sneak. :razz:

Hmm. maybe i could use something similar to the werebeaver form for it?

This would probably be the best way.

Try talking to Lawrence if you can, or better yet dissect his mod here: http://forums.kleientertainment.com/index.php?/topic/28546-character-goio-by-lawrence/ It seems very similar to what you wanna do.

Archived