[Help] Tent uses problem

Wilbur

I today got the thought that I was going to learn LUA and modding in DS. I started off with a little simple mod (I thought it was simple, anyway) that was going to make the tent have almost infinite uses (As I didn't know how to make the tent infinite I just sat a very high number). I wrote in the code, chose a high number of uses...

But here comes the problem. How shall I make the game use the code I wrote and that number of uses instead of the code from the game? 

• Developer

I today got the thought that I was going to learn LUA and modding in DS. I started off with a little simple mod (I thought it was simple, anyway) that was going to make the tent have almost infinite uses (As I didn't know how to make the tent infinite I just sat a very high number). I wrote in the code, chose a high number of uses...

But here comes the problem. How shall I make the game use the code I wrote and that number of uses instead of the code from the game? 

Check out Getting Started: Guides, Tutorials and Examples post.  There should be a readme in the scripts subfolder explaining how you can have your mod replace in game lua files.

Can't hurt if he tries to do it anyways, learning wise.

I know, it has. This was just a first small attempt to modding.

Also, I saw someone did put a request of a infinite tent mod (that just tweaks the tent) in a comment on a mod on Steam Workshop. I could've just put up the code from tehMugwups mod, but I thought that i could learn the basics to code a bit myself! :)

What my fully idea later on (that probably is like 10000x harder to code) is a scary twist with the tent that would fit in the halloween challenge, I think.

Archived