Freezing Inexplicably

Blucher

Not really sure what could have caused this.  I started a new game with the test build.  My world has a few custom options, in particular seasons - long both, so winter and summer are each about 50 days long.

Anyway, things were fine.  Winter started around day 51 or so and it seemed like a normal winter.

I started the game up today however, and now for some unknown reason my character can't get warm.  I've attached a picture.  Even the heat stone doesn't get warm.

Anyone have an idea what could be causing this? (I could be missing something...)

post-263387-0-51413100-1380316404_thumb.

Can Also confirm this bug, tested with Wilson and Wickerbottom:

Campfires/Firepits do not appear to provide warmth, either to characters or to heat stones in the inventory/on the ground.

Torches seem to be functioning correctly, and pause the freeze-damage accordingly, but theres no real way to generate heat, and since you cant really get it back (barring reaching summer again via spamming torches perhaps) - your insulation factor doesnt come into play.

Wilson (full beard, breezy vest):

nejg.jpg

Wickerbottom (Winter Hat):

x3xt.jpg

Anyone know how to fix this in the interim?  I can't figure it out.

I've edited TUNING.FREEZING_KILL_TIME to -1 (which actually heals the character), but obviously a better fix would be preferable.

EDIT: As a quick fix, I've changed the three numbers at the top of "data\scripts\components\heater.lua" to 200.

Archived