90 Degrees Map Turn For Standalone Version?

TeoSS69

It was in data/scripts for me. Anyway, i just replace the 45 with 90 and that's all right?

Err, yeah, data/scripts/controllers/playercontroller.lua. Manual typing error. I haven't tested it, but that should be it. Followed it from the camera source code so I don't think there's any intervening issues. I may have to play with various camera angle settings to see what's fun to play with. Maybe a tiny increment rotation with a key to reset to a 90 or something, maybe a follow cam, who knows. 

No problem. I tried it and it works just fine. On that note, you can set the angle to a small degree but the rotation delay is slow. If you want to speed this up, in the same file you can change..

function PlayerController:DoCameraControl()       ...       local ROT_REPEAT = .25

to a small amount. I found 5 degree angle with a .05 repeat time has a nice free rotation feel while still being able to rotate with some control to specific angles.

Edit:: Racecar mod! Remap your rotate controls to your turn left and right and set the rotate to small and quick. You can move forward and reverse but you can only turn left and right, not move left and right. It's actually pretty fun a quite challenging. Maybe I should make a simple mod out of it! XD

Edit:: Racecar mod! Remap your rotate controls to your turn left and right and set the rotate to small and quick. You can move forward and reverse but you can only turn left and right, not move left and right. It's actually pretty fun a quite challenging. Maybe I should make a simple mod out of it! XD

Good old Resident Evil "Forklift" controls.

I'm a raging Resident Evil Fangirl, so I can work those controls like nobody's business. B)

I would totally take that for a spin.

Archived