[Stuck] Adding Tooltip & Icon For A New Tab.

RCatta

So I'm trying to create a new crafting tab , which is easily done. However ,I cannot for the life of me get it to show a proper description & icon.

Pics:

How I want it:

zf28.th.jpg

How it is: 

For some reason the cursor doesn't show in snapshot , but in the first pic it's on the "Dress" tab , and in the second pic it's on the bottom tab I'm trying to create.

3ob9.th.jpg

Code:

Original code for Wickerbottom's book tab:

local booktab = {str = STRINGS.TABS.BOOKS, sort=999, icon = "tab_book.tex"}inst.components.builder:AddRecipeTab(booktab)

My code:

local newtab= {str =STRINGS.TABS.NEWTAB, sort=999, icon="images/tab_new.tex"}inst.components.builder:AddRecipeTab(newtab)

As you can see in the pic , the name nor the icon show. For the name I also tried

str = "blabla" 

to no end.

PS: I get no errors or such.

Judging by the 'HERO' you accidentally left in there, I'm guessing you copied that from my Link mod.

Unfortunately, the new update seems to have broken part of it, and I no longer get the label on mouseover. It's something I've been trying to fix before releasing the next update.

But the icon works, at least! ^^;

Judging by the 'HERO' you accidentally left in there, I'm guessing you copied that from my Link mod.

Unfortunately, the new update seems to have broken part of it, and I no longer get the label on mouseover. It's something I've been trying to fix before releasing the next update.

Haha yes I got it from your character, which is absolutely awesome! I'll take a better look at the tabs then. Shouldn't be that hard to fix :)

I found the fix for you, for the tooltip.

STRINGS.TABS.HERO = "Heroic"GLOBAL.RECIPETABS['HERO'] = {str = "HERO", sort=0, icon = "herotab.tex", icon_atlas = "images/inventoryimages/herotab.xml"}

str should be the same as STRINGS.TABS.HERO

Because later in the code its calling STRINGS.TABS[str]

Archived