Linux Starting Issues

princeton125

Hello!  I just purchased this game with the humble bundle, but while trying to run it on my netbook (linux) it crashes every time.  It is also failing to find the fonts, so all I see are square boxes on the updater.

I tried running the updater, and I saw that you say to use the steam key.  So I did that, and it went through. 

On the second popup, I clicked the checkmark, and the button on the left.  I don't actually know what those did, as I can't see any text, but I did do that.  Now, whenever I run either the updater or the eets2 file, I get this.

blake@blakenetty ~/Downloads/eets2 $ ./eets2(updater:3554): Pango-CRITICAL **: No modules found:No builtin or dynamically loaded modules were found.PangoFc will not work correctly.This probably means there was an error in the creation of:  '/etc/pango/pango.modules'You should create this file by running:  pango-querymodules > '/etc/pango/pango.modules'(updater:3554): Pango-WARNING **: failed to choose a font, expect ugly output. engine-type='PangoRenderFc', script='latin'(updater:3554): Pango-WARNING **: failed to choose a font, expect ugly output. engine-type='PangoRenderFc', script='common'blake@blakenetty ~/Downloads/eets2 $ ------------------------------ INITIALIZING MODULESInitializing Module: StringPoolInitializing Module: Lua Object ManagerInitializing Module: Lua Lib ManagerInitializing Module: Filepath AliasesInitializing Module: RepoBrowserInitializing Module: FiledumpInitializing Module: Messaging SystemInitializing Module: Web ClientInitializing Module: Metrics SystemInitializing Module: StringPoolLoadInitializing Module: Lua Game LibInitializing Module: GlobalSettings=== Eets2 (release)- Revision 85059 ===Initializing Module: Graphics Engine

Then it just stays on that.  The screen flashes once, but no program is running.

If I press enter in my terminal, it just goes back to a basic command line, as if nothing is running, but nothing bothered to stop the process either.

Any ideas on what to do?

Thanks

I then tried to do the suggested pango-querymodules > '/etc/pango/pango.modules'  However itw asn't finding any ffile there.  Just using pango-querymodules without anything afterwards told me that the package wasn't there, so I added the pango library package.  Then typing in pango-querymodules gave me a module by itself, but the pango-querymodules > '/etc/pango/pango.modules' gave me the same response as before.

I apologize to anyone getting updates from my repeated posts, but I figured it makes more sense to post new in the topic than to edit it.

Within the eets2/bin/ folder is another eets2 executable (sh script)

If I try to use that, it does the same thing, but tells me I had a segmentation fault and exits out by itself.  Does this mean I'm gettting the fault when executing the others too?

**Edit:  So even if I sudo out the segfault, it just crashes like the other files did.  However it does still exit out completely to the previous command line.

Okay, I solved the font issue.  Because the pango folder didn't already exist in my /etc folder, it wouldn't create the file.  So I just remade a module query and copied it over changing the name to pango.modules and now I can see text wooo!

Hey Hallo32,  I'm using a crappy little aspireone netbook.  I'm running peppermint os 4, but for all intents and purposes you can imagine I'm using mintOS

Archived