A Very Serious Art Thread About Non-Serious Things

Etrian

Yes hello I'm Etrian and I draw things like fan art-

well actually it's more like sketches and me being dumb and rambling for 50 years but yeah I'll see how long I'll last here, haha u w u;;

but yes here's a sketch for you all!

Posted Image

(science is hard ok)

but yes, i'll probably end up switching styles alot until i find something i like because i usually draw anime-ish things and my mind is refusing to draw wilson and co anime, haha;;

(wilson is already anime enough anyway look at his stupid hair)

also i'll update whenever i doodle something related to ds

(◡‿◡✿)

First of all, I hold out a hoof in greetings, newcomer. Take a seat and get yourself comfortable, you're going to be here for quite the spell.

And caps? I see no caps.

And agreed on the hair bit. Out of all the characters, Wilson has a pretty-wild hairstyle. Nice job on him, though.

Edited by Tesability

First of all, I hold out a hoof in greetings, newcomer. Take a seat and get yourself comfortable, you're going to be here for quite the spell.

And caps? I see no caps.

And agreed on the hair bit. Out of all the characters, Wilson has a pretty-wild hairstyle. Nice job on him, though.

Hey, thanks for the greeting! o u o;; I'll grab my pillows and some popcorn as well if I'll hang around here! (also thanks for the complement hhhh)

also casually points towards the thread title (that title really does like caps ok i feel like kanaya when i look at it)

I think he didn't realize the forums autocapitalize thread titles. ;]

...yeah, I don't think he noticed that either. The autocapitalizeation thing kind of annoys me though since I wanted to have my thread title in full lower case, haha;;;

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

also, today's doodle! (since double posting isn't really my thing, ahaha;;;; ;)

4klIB.png

(i'm pretty sure this equation is "accurate")

(that doodle was kind of stupid i swear i'll draw something serious ok)

• Like 1

I wouldn't be surprised if a boom to the face did permanently turned his hair like that.

Also, if you're posting up either a new part of a fic you're writing or you're posting up a pic in your own threads, no one's going to pitch a fit if you double-post. I think in this particular section of the forums, that's actually allowed.

I think that's the only reason his hair is like that. I mean, you got everyone with normal hair and then you got Wilson with this of out of place, anime hairstyle.

does it even go down if it gets wet? is his hair infinitely pointy regardless of what happens to it??

//shrugs who knows

but yeah, I was just being a bit cautious just in case double posting wasn't allowed, haha;;; (thanks for clearing that up!)

Edited by Etrian

All I know is that damned hairstyle, in addition to the fact that I can't draw humans to save my life sometimes (seriously, I practice and I swear I think I'm getting worse by practicing...) are part of the reason I had said screw it and turned Wilson into a MLP-styled character in some of my drawings.

To be honest, I was kind of wondering how the heck would Wilson's hairstyle transfer over to a pony and then I just looked at your avatar and went oh ok that's how it goes.

kind of reminds me of a mullet though

But yes, I guess a lot of people feel the same with the "oh snap i'm getting worse at drawing (insert thing here) when i practice i'll just go back to what i'm comfortable with" The only way out of that is to practice more until you go "oh ok that's how it works" and then vola +1 to art skills. even i'm guilty of this coughs loudly

first of I lied. the below image is definitely not serious

second of all, I wanted to give ds style a shot so yeah;;

4m5j9.png

(never camp near spiders when you have 0 gear guys. i had to learn that the HARD way )

there are SO MANY SPIDERS in ds it's almost like freaking australia

it's a good thing ds isn't completely like australia otherwise we might as well start digging graves for everyone.

(i'm betting 50 cents that wilson screams like a girl)

To be honest, I was kind of wondering how the heck would Wilson's hairstyle transfer over to a pony and then I just looked at your avatar and went oh ok that's how it goes.

kind of reminds me of a mullet though

Well, considering I had to extend his hair into a full mane for it to work, I can see why you would say it looks like a mullet. Certainly wasn't intended, though. XP

But yes, I guess a lot of people feel the same with the "oh snap i'm getting worse at drawing (insert thing here) when i practice i'll just go back to what i'm comfortable with" The only way out of that is to practice more until you go "oh ok that's how it works" and then vola +1 to art skills. even i'm guilty of this coughs loudly

In my case, seizures cheapshotting me in various skills don't help. A saving grace on my part is the fact that I can flip the finger in the face of anyone that tries to strobe-light me at point blank. This gamer girl isn't affected by flashing lights.

I doubt he can scream like a girl...but I'm willing to bet he's let some language slip and it's just not showing on the screen. I am one of those that believes that the game doesn't show EVERYTHING that happens to the poor bloke. ...wait, bloke? GAH, MAXWELL. GET OUT OF MY HEAD! *gives the dapper man a solid boot out*

Edited by Tesability

Well, considering I had to extend his hair into a full mane for it to work, I can see why you would say it looks like a mullet. Certainly wasn't intended, though. XP

...at that moment I just remembered how ponies worked again. I had a look through your art thread and I just saw that someone forgot to turn off the mullet on human!wilson

you probably had your reasons for doing that though

I doubt he can scream like a girl...but I'm willing to bet he's let some language slip and it's just not showing on the screen. I am one of those that believes that the game doesn't show EVERYTHING that happens to the poor bloke. ...wait, bloke? GAH, MAXWELL. GET OUT OF MY HEAD! *gives the dapper man a solid boot out*

Eh, each to their own headcanons I suppose //shrugs

he's probably just deadpan snarking the whole time and it's conveniently replaced by a muted trumpet because some things are just Not Safe For Children.

(plot twist - maxwell is actually australian. the british act was a RUSE ok that was dumb)

Yeah, it probably does. The snark goes out, in goes the loud cursing at Maxwell for thinking that having 35423432523543 spiders was a GREAT IDEA

then it goes to loud screaming

battle cry screaming as he proceeds to kill all those spiders in a variety of gory ways. (sheesh man isn't tearing off the legs then stabbing it kind of overkill calm down pls)

Edited by Etrian

Hey, thanks for the greeting! o u o;; I'll grab my pillows and some popcorn as well if I'll hang around here! (also thanks for the complement hhhh)

also casually points towards the thread title (that title really does like caps ok i feel like kanaya when i look at it)

...yeah, I don't think he noticed that either. The autocapitalizeation thing kind of annoys me though since I wanted to have my thread title in full lower case, haha;;;

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

also, today's doodle! (since double posting isn't really my thing, ahaha;;;; ;)

4klIB.png

(i'm pretty sure this equation is "accurate")

(that doodle was kind of stupid i swear i'll draw something serious ok)

it all makes sense now! no, wait, it made sense even before... oh well, still /sensemade

dat portal gun XD

it all makes sense now! no, wait, it made sense even before... oh well, still /sensemade

dat portal gun XD

Then my job here is done.  8)

(didn't think there could be anything more sciency than a portal gun, hehe)